Chapter 29

Becca called Nathan after getting off the phone with Shawn. She was a nervous wreck by the time that she pulled up to the house. 

"What's up Becca?" he asked. 

"I got a question for you," she said. 

"What's that?"

"What if I said I wanted another baby?"

"I ain't giving you a baby."

She laughed. 

"Don't be a jerk. I was talking about Shawn. I think we have found a house together." she said. 

"That's good." he replied. 

"He just asked me about having more kids though."

"Ok? What's wrong with that?"

"I guess I'm just nervous about moving on with someone."

"Becs, Shawn would never treat you like Jesse did, nor would he abandon you and his kid. He has always been there for Chris."

"I guess it's just scary. Maybe an irrational fear?"

"I don't think it's irrational to be worried about the past repeating itself."

"So what do I do?"

"You live your life Becca. Tell Shawn how you feel. He's not going to be a jerk about it. I know how Shawn is. He loves you Becca."

She sat on her bed, thinking. Shawn was an amazing guy. He was always there when she needed him. 

"Just give it all a chance," Nathan said. 

"Thank you Nate," she replied. 

"You're welcome, Becca."

"I love you."

"I love you too."

She got off the phone. Shawn sent her a text with a time and a date to see the house. She was excited about it now. She couldn't wait to see what the future held. She lay back on her bed now that her kids were in bed. She was exhausted from the day. 

That weekend, she and Shawn went to see the house. They had the two little kids with them. He held Axel in his arms as they walked through the house. Becca fell more and more in love with it. 

"Baby, this is perfect." she said. 

"Mama, can this be my room?" Chloe asked. 

"No way princess. This will be mine and daddy's room,"

Chloe made a face as her mother laughed. Shawn smiled. They walked out into the backyard. It was incredible. 

"Shawn," she breathed. 

"I already put the offer in, babe," he said. 

"You are amazing,"

He kissed her head. She smiled at him. He shifted Axel in his arms. They walked out of the house and headed to get some lunch. Shawn was just watching her as they were sitting at the table. 

"What?" she asked. 

"How did I get so lucky?" he asked. 

"What do you mean?"

"I mean I hit the jackpot when I got you and the kids."

"Yeah?"

"Of course. You are amazing."

She blushed. He kissed the back of her hand. She smiled at him. They were just waiting for the offer to be accepted. 

"Let's head to the park," he said after they were done eating.

She nodded. They took the kids out to the park to play. Axel got extremely whiny and wanted his mother. Shawn handed him over to his mother. She held him close and gently swayed with him until he fell asleep. Shawn smiled as he watched the two of them. 

"We should head back to the house so that he can sleep," he said. 

She nodded. They headed back to Marshall's place. She got both Chloe and Axel down for a nap before relaxing on the couch with Shawn to watch a movie. She was exhausted as she lay in his arms. Her brother was gone for the day. She snuggled into Shawn's chest and yawned. 

"Go to sleep babe," Shawn said. 

"No, I want to spend time with you," she said. 

"I'll be here babe. I promise."

She nodded. She closed her eyes and fell asleep in his arms. He was watching a movie while she slept. Marshall walked in the house. He glanced in his living room, seeing his sister and her boyfriend. He walked in the room. 

"Hey man," Marshall said to Shawn. 

"Hey," Shawn replied. 

"How's the house hunting going?"

"We found one. I am just waiting to hear that our offer was accepted."

"Good. Shawn, you know that I am extremely protective of my sister. So you better not hurt her."

"Never that, Marshall. I love that girl and those kids."

Marshall nodded. He wasn't worried about Shawn with his sister. He was upset that his sister was going to be moving out but he knew he had to let her go. Becca kissed her brother's cheek.