Chapter 27

On Sunday evening, Becca headed back to Marshall's with the kids. She didn't really want to go back to her brother's place but she knew she had ton of work to do since Marshall was now back from his trip. She glanced at the kids for a moment. Chloe, of course, had an attitude about going back to her uncle's house. She didn't even have her own room at Shawn's at this point but that didn't matter to the three-year-old. That was her daddy's house and that's where she wanted to be. 

"Chloe, Uncle Marshall will be excited to see you," Becca said. 

"No mama, I want to go to daddy's," Chloe whined. 

"I know you do baby, but we aren't there yet."

"Daddy wants us to stay."

"Chloe, maybe someday we will but not today."

She pulled up into the driveway at Marshall's place. Chloe crossed her little arms across the straps of her five point harness car seat so Becca couldn't undo the straps. Becca rolled her eyes before moving over to get her son out of the vehicle. 

"Let's go Chloe," Becca said. 

"No mama," Chloe replied, stubbornly. 

"Chloe Jolene, right now."

"No mama."

"Then I will call your daddy and let him know that you are giving bad behavior after being with him all weekend and he will be sad."

"Don't make him sad mama,"

"Then get your butt out of the car."

"No mama. We go back to daddy's house."

"Chloe, I am taking bubby into the house and then you better get your butt in there as well or I will send Uncle Marshall out to get you."

"No mama."

Becca carried her son into the house, leaving the car door wide open in case Chloe decided to stop being a brat and get out of the car. Marshall went out and tried to get the little girl to come in the house. 

"Chlo, come on," he said. 

"No I want daddy," she whined. 

"Chloe Jolene Mathers, this is not how you get what you want. Now let's go."

"No."

Becca walked out the door on the phone with someone. She glanced at Marshall for a minute before giving the phone to her daughter. Chloe listened intently. Marshall gave his sister a funny look. 

"I called Shawn," she said. 

Chloe's little face fell and she began to cry. She handed her mother back the phone and undid the straps on her car seat. She got out and ran in the house. 

"Thank you," Becca said. 

"It's no problem babe," Shawn replied. 

"What did you say to her?"

"That I was very sad that she was treating her mommy like that."

"I appreciate it, babe."

"It's not a big deal. She's a kid. She'll be fine."

"Love you babe."

"Love you too. Talk to you later."

He got off the phone. Becca was still slightly on edge when it came to dealing with a man as she didn't want to get hurt but more so that she didn't want her kids to get hurt. Shawn had done a great job in the last four months keeping that promise. She had been extremely nervous the first time she had actually introduced him to the kids as her boyfriend. Marshall watched his younger sister for a moment. He was glad that she had someone in her life that was helping her get it together.