Chapter 3

New Year's Eve approached quickly. As did the birth of baby Axel. Rebecca was still staying with Marshall. Her phone had begun receiving calls from the prison that Jesse was in. He wanted her to bring Chloe and Axel to see him. He actually threatened legal action which Paul Rosenberg laughed at. He had eased her worries about Jesse being able to force her hand into taking her children to the prison.

Things with Nathan were slowly being fixed. They had done a lot more talking about the past. He knew it wasn't her that had stolen from him. He got to know his niece a bit more. Chloe was slowly becoming more comfortable around the whole family.

"Hey big brother," Rebecca carefully made her way down the stairs.
"What?" Marshall asked.

He was watching football. Chloe was asleep in his lap.

"My water broke," Rebecca said.

Marshall stood quickly but carefully. He led his sister from the house and drove to the hospital. He called Ashley. She had agreed to be Rebecca's coach as well as Alison, Paul's wife. They arrived so he stayed in the waiting room with his niece. It was just after midnight that Axel Kane Mathers decided to make his grand entrance. He was officially the first baby of the new year for the hospital. It had become a Mathers family party in the waiting room since it had been New Year's Eve.

"Leave it to Becca to have impeccable timing," Nate laughed.
"Right? I was watching the game," Marshall replied.
"Babies come when they want to," Alaina said.
"Right look at Hailie. Couldn't just let it be Christmas," Whitney joked.
"Shut up," Hailie laughed.

Alison stepped into the room.

"She wants Marshall, Nate, and Chloe to see him first," she said.

They walked to the private room. Chloe was asleep in Marshall's arms. Nate stepped thru the door first. He greeted his wife with a kiss. Marshall was already next to Rebecca, staring down at his new nephew.

"Way to go Becs, he is adorable," he said.
"He looks like me, thank god," she smiled.
"Yeah?"
"They both do, thank god."

Marshall chuckled. He was proud of his baby sister. She held that little boy like someone would steal him if she lost sight of him for a minute.

"You ok?" Nathan asked her.
"Huh?" she glanced up at him.
"What's wrong?"
"Somehow this idiot got a cell phone in prison. He has people watching me, I guess. It's just weird to be asked for a picture of the baby immediately after giving birth when he isn't supposed to even know about him."
"Isn't there a no contact order in place?"
"I wasn't the victim so they didn't issue one."

Marshall was already on the phone with Paul to put one in place. He was tired of seeing his little sister harassed when she was already going to get that from fans of his family. Even though no one actually knew about her. Becca was the shy one out of her and Nate. She would hide when the cameras came around. She had gone on tours with Marshall while he had custody of them both. She just remained in the shadows as much as she could. She had been extremely close with D12 when they traveled. Denaun and Proof had managed to help her stay hidden when all the chaos was going on. She had told Marshall it was his thing and she wanted no part of it.

"I am fixing it right now. He won't be able to contact you anymore without consequences," Marshall said.
"I just want to start over with my babies," she said quietly.
"You are about to find your own fame here little sister," Nathan said.
"What? Why?"
"Seems Axel here was first baby of the new year. Its about to come to light that you are Eminem's sister or at least claiming to be."

Rebecca made a face at him. He chuckled. There was a reporter in the waiting room when they got back. She didn't want to do an interview about her son. It was his name that intrigued the public. Paul suggested a controlled interview.

"No matter what they are going to go digging," he said over the phone.
"Why?" Becca asked.
"You are claiming to be the sibling of Marshall Mathers. That's reason enough for them to dig."
"So what do I do?"
"Let's set up an interview with one local paper and one national outlet. Talk to both at the same time, get the correct story out."

Rebecca looked at Marshall. He shrugged. He hated dragging his siblings into his stuff. Especially Rebecca since she didn't want any of it.

"It's better than the claims they could make Becs," Nathan spoke up.
"Will you guys be there?" she asked timidly.
"Of course. I ain't gonna abandon you Becs," Marshall said, partially irritated.
"All right. We will do it Paul's way then."
"Ok, I will set it up," he replied.

Rebecca looked down at Axel sleeping in her arms. He was so innocent and peaceful. She sighed. Marshall shifted his sleeping niece.

"We will get thru this," he told her.
"Thank you," Rebecca said.
"You got us both little sister," Nathan said.

She nodded. It was going to be a nightmare for her. She wasn't sure she was prepared for it. Marshall sighed. It was the one thing he hated about fame.

Later that day, she was lying on the bed with both of her brothers in the room with her. Paul entered with two reporters. One was from a local paper and one from a national news outlet. It instantly made her nervous. She looked up at her older brother. He smiled at her. She looked down at her son. Chloe was awake now and watching a movie on the tablet Marshall had gotten her. They wanted her distracted so they could deal with this.

"Rebecca, you are Eminem's little sister?" the reporter asked.

Becca nodded. She hated going by Rebecca.

"Just call me Becca," she said quietly.
"So you are Eminem's sister?" the woman asked.
"The youngest of the three of us," her brother spoke up.
"Why haven't you talked about her before now?"
"Becca didn't want to be in the media, she wanted a normal life. Well as normal as you can get being a Mathers."
"So her actual last name is Mathers?"
"Nelson-Mathers until I took custody of her when she was a kid. We just dropped the Nelson."
"First baby of the new year belongs to the Mather's clan. So crazy."

Marshall chuckled. The interview continued until both reporters were satisfied. He knew more would come up about his little sister but he was prepared to deal with it.