Chapter 33

Thanksgiving was upon them quickly and Nathan was hosting. Shawn walked into the kitchen where Becca was working on a few side items to take with them. She glanced over at him and smiled.

"Hey babe, everyone about ready to go?" she asked.

"Yeah, Axel is taking a nap though at the moment. What time do we need to leave?" he asked.

"About an hour. So he should be good."

Shawn nodded. She looked over at him.

"What's wrong?" she asked.

"Nothing really. Just can't believe you guys are really here with me. I never expected to find someone like you, especially in my best friends little sister," he said.

She chuckled a bit. He moved closer and put his arms around her. She smiled as she felt him embrace her.

"I'm glad we got together. Nate is too because he gets to keep us both close all the time now," she said.

He set his chin on her shoulder.

"I love you Becca," he said.

"I love you too," she replied.

They headed out to Nate's house about an hour later. Shawn looked deep in thought as they drove. She glanced over at him. He reached over and squeezed her hand.

"Mama," Chloe said.

"What baby?" Becca asked.

"Uncle Nate's house?"

"Yeah baby, we are going to uncle Nate's house."

"Uncle Marsh be there?"

"Yes baby, he will be there."

Even Chris was with them that day for the holiday. Becca should have known something was going on but Shawn just brushed her off like this was normal. Shawn had been extra helpful that morning getting the younger two ready to go. They pulled up to Nate's house. Chris pulled Axel out of the car while Chloe jumped out and ran for the door.

Shortly after they arrived, Shawn, Marshall, and Nate disappeared. It wasn't noticeable to Becca because she was busy in the kitchen with Ashley and some of the other girls.

"Mama," Chloe said.

Becca looked up to her daughter just in time for Chris to drag the little girl back into the other room. Chris fit right in with the other kids.

"That was weird," Becca said.

"I told all the kids that the kitchen was off limits," Ashley said.

"Oh."

If she had been paying any attention, she would have seen the smirk on Ashley's face. They finished up getting dinner ready and began to move it all to the table. Nate came into the kitchen and whispered something in his wife's ear. She nodded to him while glancing at Becca. They finished getting all the food on the table and then got themselves to the table.

Whitney had a camera in her hand asking everyone what they were thankful for that year. She had avoided Shawn with it so far. Becca sat at the table next to Shawn. Axel was in the highchair. Chloe was on her knees next to Shawn and Chris was next to her.

"Has everyone told Whit what they are thankful for this year?" Marshall asked.

"I haven't," Shawn spoke up.

"Why not?"

"I haven't gotten the one thing I'm most thankful for yet,"

"Oh and what would that be?"

Becca looked over at Shawn to see that he had dropped to one knee next to her with a ring box in hand.

"Rebecca Mathers, you have made me the happiest guy in the world since the day I met you. I want to make our family official and show you how much I love you for the rest of my life. I want to experience everything life has to offer with you. Will you do me the honor of becoming my wife?" he asked.

Becca's eyes immediately welled up with tears and she could only nod. He slipped the ring on her finger and moved to kiss her. She wrapped her arms around his neck as everyone clapped for them.

"I love you," he said.

"I love you too," she replied.

"Mama, look daddy got me a necklace," Chloe beamed.

"That's beautiful, baby."

"It matches you."

The pattern between Chloe's necklace and Becca's ring were similar. She looked at him again and smiled. He glanced at his son. Chris had a huge smile on his face. He moved from his seat to hug Becca too.

"I'm glad that you are gonna be my bonus mom," he said.

"Me too bud," she replied.

"Let's eat," Nate grinned.

They are dinner. Becca couldn't keep her eyes off the ring on her left hand as she ate. She kept glancing at it. She looked over at Shawn. He kissed her cheek.

"Do you like it?" he asked.

"It's beautiful," she said.

"Like you."

She blushed slightly. He smiled.

"Wait til we get home. I will show you the whole wedding set," he said.

She nodded. He kissed her cheek again. After dinner Ashley cornered her to check out the ring.

"That's so pretty," she said.

"I am so excited," Becca admitted.

"Girl, a whole lot of planning."

Becca chuckled and nodded. She already had an idea in her head of how she wanted it to go. Marshall pulled his baby sister into a hug. She held him tightly.

"I'm so proud of you baby girl," he said.

"You are gonna walk me down the aisle right?" she asked.

"If that's what you want."

"Of course it is."

Marshall nodded. She kissed her big brother's cheek before letting him go.

"I love you Marshall," she said.

"I love you too baby girl," he replied.

Most of the time, Marshall felt more like her father than her brother. It was hard for him to admit to himself that she was grown up now but he was thrilled that she was happy.

When they arrived home that evening, Shawn took his fiancee to their bedroom to see the wedding set that he had picked out. They weren't into the traditional things. She was in love with the rings on sight.

"Now we just need a date, love," he said.

She nodded.