Chapter 1

The city is spectacular at night, with all its lights, the moon in the sky, the falling temperature, and the hum of people working or partying until the early hour rise, but like every beautiful thing, there must always be something accompanying i...

The city is spectacular at night, with all its lights, the moon in the sky, the falling temperature, and the hum of people working or partying until the early hour rise, but like every beautiful thing, there must always be something accompanying it, such as crime, poverty, abuses, and deaths.

Today was my day off, well one of the few, from tomorrow we start again with work, being a journalist is never easy, and dealing with certain types of people can be tiring and stressful, but my goal now is another.

As usual, when I am resting, I quietly relax on the sofa, big TV and drink a glass of whisky., I am not an alcoholic person, but the pleasure that alcohol gives me is fantastic, my body seems to lose every kind of stress just getting lighter and so does my mind.

While my film was coming to an end, it was abruptly interrupted by the shocking news my instincts as a journalist and as a stalker woke up shortly after, as usual t, the news started saying: "Good evening, viewers, but we have just received shocking news! We had video and audio video from law enforcement as they broke into the alleged killer's home. "

Obviously what they show is a small part of the video, just the time in which they attack him with 10 policemen, beat him a bit, and then handcuff him, I guess what it takes to show the people that the killer, a person unknown to all, was finally captured. Yes, of course not, all this has never convinced me, let alone a video they found out of nowhere.

It all ended with the mayor of this city 'reassuring' his people to rest assured that the dangerous serial killer would end the rest of his days in prison.

There are not many precise rules that must be followed in a city, but here there are and those few are the most important:

1 - Go around the street armed (meaning pepper spray, nothing so new);

2 - Stay out of other people's business;

3 - Never believe the police or the government;

Simple rules that, however, only one of these I can not follow to the letter and that is the second, being a journalist my job is to find exciting news and increasingly spicy scoop.

So if I see that there are shady people, or celebrities in trouble I rush to be the first to be able to publish the news that it is bad or unpleasant many people know that if I am around asking for information or investigating, most of them keep themselves indisposed.

This is why when my day of rest comes a glass of alcohol is always welcome, it helps me to relieve the stress accumulated in the days during which I run here and there for decent news, but as I said many people know how to be evil and infamous and also very selfish.

Fortunately, however, even in such a sometimes negative world there is always good in many other people, few but good.

Poverty reigns here, many families abandon themselves, children and adolescents begin to discover the world of drugs, crime to no end, prostitutes everywhere, and all of these people are found in the lowlands, in a small suburban healer where the weak always lose and the strongest takes everything.