Chapter 2

In the morning I leave as usual late, and breakfast becomes just a cup of coffee, I put on the first things I find around and rush to work with a car that has been in bad shape for years now.

By now I got used to it and, as always, dreams have found me again, and that's why I always arrive almost late in the morning and that's how it has been for months, which I remember.

Once I arrived at the office, I could not even relax a little from the rush that I was immediately called back to the boss's office, how boring, surely he would want to send me somewhere where the news is little more than interesting, but I will make sure to be assigned to another story, such as discovering the name of the elusive serial killer arrested.

My boss is like many others, he does nothing from morning to night, sits having fun looking at dirty sites on his computer, screams when he feels like it just to make himself feel that he is still the boss, and otherwise seems to be a selfish, incapable person to feel beautiful emotions or to be even just empathetic.

"So miss, the job today will consist of going to ..."

"I want to find out what the arrested man's name is. I want to be assigned to the murder case, sir.", I stopped him almost immediately, why not go straight to the point, meanwhile, he seemed to be speechless, but not at all surprised.

"As usual you are a woman who knows what she wants, but you know it's not exactly the case for you, it's not a suitable place for a young lady like you and ..."

"I can handle it very well, I know what the risks are, but I already have plans and I know I can do it, too know that the real news is this." I tried to be as sure as possible of what I was saying, but this boss can be stubborn.

"And so it is, surely there will be nothing that I can change your mind, but I warn you, I do not want to have any trouble with the police or with anyone else. Because I will not save your ass, you will have to get it out of lonely. Oh and one more thing if you fail you'll lose your job, but still, I want to be generous and I'll give you until tomorrow to decide what you want to do. And with that, you can go Miss Chloe. "

Damn, what a scoundrel!

He knows how much I love this job and he also knows how much I have worked hard to get this far and have respect from other colleagues, but I have no choice I will do my best and I will not fail.

When I then get into trouble well it will not be the first time, but before I left his office I only saw his smile of pleasure in seeing me cornered, according to him I will fail, but in my opinion he is wrong, I'm sure of my skills.

I am a skilled hunter in finding answers and news that others would pay gold just not to want to see on the news, as well as I am an excellent investigator in finding people dirty and stained with blood, but as usual, for now, I am alone fighting them, but soon I won't be anymore.

Now the first thing to do is to understand who the arrested man is and find evidence to be able to exonerate him, the only one I can ask for information is a trusted informant friend of mine and also a policeman, sooner or later I will have to return the favors, the only problem is finding the time.

If I hurry my friend Race should be on his lunch break right now, well in the meantime I could start inviting him to eat out so with an excuse and another I could get some useful news, so I dialed his number on my phone and waited for him to answer.

After not even two rings I finally heard his voice so I said before he spoke: "Hey Race it's been a long time since we heard, I was thinking are you free to have lunch together?".

Well now let's get to the end of the day with updated data or I'll end up losing my job and this doesn't have to happen, I don't want to leave the satisfaction to that cowardly boss.