Chapter 21

If I have to endure this useless human and see him put his hands on my woman, I certainly won't stay hidden in the shadows for much longer.

The anger that rises towards this human named "Race" is infinite, and his name is so ridiculous, why would Chloe be interested in someone like him?

He doesn't seem to have great fighting skills or trophies with him, he seems rather skinny and easy to bring down, and even his voice is so irritating.

I've been up in the trees for hours while Chloe tried to get the other man in the house to talk, he seemed like a vegetable, why doesn't he seek death instead of living like this? It would be an honorable death.

Soon after, this "friend" arrives who accompanies him outside and they start talking about random things, but when he mentioned a certain man named Revon, Chloe seemed to change the color of her skin, her heart rate seemed to skyrocket until she collapsed to the ground.

I couldn't stay aside while my partner lay on the ground showing no signs of recovery, so I took a leap from my branch and landed a few meters away from her, wielding my weapons and spear.

Invisibility was useless, I didn't want to hunt or fight, but I was ready for anything, so I approached him step by step, removed my mask, and roared as loudly as I could.

With my roar, he turned towards me, his mouth wide open and his eyes seemed to pop out of his sockets, he started stammering and trembling, falling to the ground and gradually backing away, saying: "Oh what a hell.. What are..." he couldn't even complete a sentence or do anything to protect my partner; how pathetic, he doesn't deserve to be a trophy or have an honorable death at the hands of a Yuatjia hunter.

While he was on the ground and I still stood before him with my weapons drawn, the man from inside the house finally decided to come out and stick his head out; unlike the other man still paralyzed by fear, this one looked at me with a surprised expression.

"You're back," he said breathlessly, "you look a little different from the other alien, but you resemble each other a lot. And where's the girl with silver hair?", he said looking around with hopeful eyes.

I cautiously approached the man inside the house and looked at him attentively, while also retracting my weapons; there was no need to claim another life, at least for now.

"You know the girl with silver hair, right or her mate?" he asked again, and I was about to shake my head when we all heard Chloe's voice say, "You knew her?" I turned and saw her also surprised and perplexed by everything we were discovering. Meanwhile, I went towards her to help her up, but her eyes remained fixed on the man at the door.

"Come inside, I think it's time I explain how things have unfolded," he said with a sigh of relief, the man at the door.

What took Race the longest to understand was what was happening; he kept looking at me, then at Chloe, and then back at both of us, trying to figure out who knows what.

"Yes, Race, he's an alien, he has arms and legs like us, but no nose or mouth like us, and yes, I know him very well, and no, he won't kill you, at least not until there's no danger, so get up from the ground and come inside because right now I need answers," Chloe said in one breath, taking a step towards Race and extending her hand to help him up.

What a bore this man is, needing help from a woman to get up from the ground; I never thought I would see it, but now that I have, I feel amused and pleased that my mate is stronger and wiser than many other humans and even my own clan.

"YOU NEED ANSWERS? AND WHAT ABOUT ME, DAMN IT?" Race exclaimed, raising his voice, then added, waving his hands quickly, "And what the fuck does 'knowing him very well' mean?"

"We'll talk about it later, Race, now's not the time! Come inside and everything will be explained," she said sternly, looking him in the eyes. Fortunately, Race didn't argue with Chloe's words, but just nodded and adjusted his uniform before following us inside the house.

Chloe's POV

I couldn't believe my ears!!! Reya's friend was alive, or rather reborn, but either way, she was back among us, and I'm sure Reya will be happy to know that she'll see her best friend again soon.

What I wonder is how he knew her and how he knows about aliens, well, now we would finally have all the answers, especially me.

After the conversation with Reya in my head, I felt stronger and braver, while Race was still paralyzed and not making a sound, he was just staring at me with his mouth wide open, occasionally his gaze shifting to the hunter; poor guy, I'm sorry for him, I've never seen him so frightened.

But I can't wait to find out what's happening with Roy, so I encouraged Race to come in, and when I said that I know Vor very well, I can't describe what I felt, whether it was embarrassment or even shame, but it wasn't the time to waste the time we had; if this Revon is the one who caused a massacre some time ago and killed many innocent victims, and now he's in our city, there's only one thing to do: stop him once and for all and avenge the pain he inflicted.