Chapter 16 { Reya }

《 What does not kill you makes you stronger. 》

My story will still be a bit long but I will try to shorten it all.

* *

After Argentea's disappearance, everyone was frightened and feared for the safety of their children and family.

We hoped to have news of the disappearance of my best friend, but still nothing, days passed and then weeks, until exactly one month after the disappearance of Argentea, other witch and warrior girls also met the same end.

Just as they disappeared into thin air, their fellow hunters were also caught and taken who knows where.

The Yautja clan was starting to believe that staying on earth was a mistake and some thought it was a waste of time.

Between them there began to be heated discussions, quarrels, and fights, this is because some wanted to stay, some had a partner and a family, others wanted to stay to fight and honor themselves between the battles, while others did not see the tiime to leave and return to their real home, Yautja Prime, this is because according to them they had to go back to being a unique race without mixing, they had to go back to being true Yautja Hunters.

Some agreed, but others felt comfortable being with humans and having a strong and courageous woman by their side.

While the clan was lashing out at each other, Aartock was there looking at them and he must have thought to himself: "We must stay and be stronger than the enemy."

But in my opinion, his thought and also his concern was that if they left, he would not be able to keep the promises made to the families who are still looking for their children and he would not be able to find what he had lost many years ago.

As already said their elder was a skilled hunter in battles and wise and I am sure that if he had wanted he could have ruled infinite lands of peoples and commanded an entire army of man and not, he knew how to reason even the most stubborn and could tell you phrases that they gave you courage and hope.

I speak like this because I got to know him a lot, he taught me to hunt and survive alone in the forests, to use many of their technologies, and to speak like them, he taught me to channel anger into strength, he taught me to medicate at the better wounded with what nature offered and to end up fighting with bare hands.

Mind you, I wasn't fighting dummies oh no ... I was fighting him, so you can imagine the fatigue and pain I felt when I got a punch or even just a push.

But there were times when he seemed to be absent and detached with a sad expression.
It's strange, right?
A Yautja hunter who has a sad expression ... it's hard to imagine, but this is what he transmitted to me when he remained on the sidelines for the facts of him.

However, in other months, and no news, in the meantime, I had understood how to use my power, and the fire was finally responding to me.

The fire came out in a fight against Aartock, he was continuing to knock me to the ground without giving me a chance to escape, he kept dodging all my attacks, but before he could hit me with his fighting staff, I grabbed his staff and I set it on fire with my hands.

He continued to hold it in his hand and push on me, but I resisted and pushed against him until the stick itself was too hot to hold and he let go.