Chapter 3

By now I'm used to this planet, just as my clan has done it too, my brothers and I have been here for many years now and today I will finally be able to start hunting honorable prey and then become an elite and earn everyone's respect, there is no other honor I would like to have but to live up to them all.

I may be the biggest and thickest among them, but many of my brothers know when to be wise and stronger, each of them has their quality in hunting or fighting, while I am proud of my stalking and silent killing, I also know how to lose the heat very easily and be quite curious.

Although I have been here for years I do not yet understand people, their behaviors, and their expressions, from time to time I observe them, follow them, and try to understand certain actions, but nothing I keep thinking that they are weak, calculating when they want to be, selfish to each other and easy to scare.

I roam the roofs of many buildings, houses, and streets, I have already held some trophies, my prey was strong, they tried to fight back, but nothing could stop me from having their heads.

Now I'm just cleaning up a third trophy, it was part of a 'clan' of Romans that are no less honorable, indeed from what I understand here they have their obsessions and pleasures, as in persecuting their victims and torturing them, how pathetic, their ways to place their strength is as ineffective and weak as this man was.

But he deserves to be on my trophy wall, he was some kind of leader, so I killed the strongest, but now I already have another prey to follow, my clan leader says this man calls himself 'The skeleton man ', pathetic too.

While I was imagining how this new prey could be, my mask picked up some beats, I felt myself at the door from where the intruder would come, I listened and was ready to attack and as soon as the door opened, I saw a woman coming, a female who was staggering to the ground and losing consciousness.

What am I supposed to do now?

She is a female, and I have no reason to kill her, she didn't see me, and she doesn't seem to have noticed my presence, second, smelling the woman, I understand that she is drunk, so third she certainly won't remember any of this, but the question remains of what to do with her.

As I continued to observe her and ponder whether to leave her here, a 'phone' as they call it began to ring, so she was able to get some clarity and answer in a very loud and aggressive tone.

"Fuck Race! Fuck everything! ... You just had to help me damn it!"

So now she could see me? If she took a bit of clarity she would surely notice me, even if I thought she would remain harmless, but strangely I was attracted to her, the anger I saw in her made me give a little jolt of adrenaline and curiosity, as if I wanted to see her in action.

Once she finished talking or rather screaming, her 'phone' was thrown against the floor until it broke completely, but the moment she pulled her face up, our eyes met, so I approached very slowly and growled because she could be afraid, but she seemed to be back in her world, that of a drunk human she threw herself back on the ground, but this time with her eyes looking at the sky.

"Who knows if there is anyone out there? I know I saw you, but I also know that all this could be the result of my mind ... this time I exaggerated."

On the other hand, I remained still and motionless, as I thought I was right, now that she knows of my presence I should kill her, but I don't think she knows what I am, but the fact that she spoke to me shocked me for a moment, inevitably I feel even more attracted to this strange female.

Not caring that she might again become aware and see me, I took off my mask and walked over to her, she was quietly resting, here in the cold, with me in front, a yautja hunter who might have her head and skin like a trophy, but luckily I'm not a 'Bad Blood' and I can still be wise when I want.

Now it's up to me to find a solution to this, for her, so I started rummaging in her bag and clothes, to be able to find some clues as to where she lives and finally take her to safety, I found some documents, 'Chloe', reporter and her address of the home, now I also know her name and where she works, if it ever gives problems, I know where to look for it.

We were a few houses from hers when I heard her murmuring in her sleep, I stopped because all of a sudden I felt tightly gripped by the arms of the woman I was carrying, she said: "Please no, I don't want you to go away .. . ", but what the heck was happening, I no longer understand if she is conscious or if she knows of my presence and with a snort I put her back in her place, putting her on my shoulders, with her head hanging down, so at least I would not have any another contact with her.

To think that I just wanted to help, but on the contrary, it is making me waste time and patience, since I have doubts about her, it will mean that I will follow her for a while until I am sure that she will not remember me anything.

Once we arrived at my destination I let her go to her bed, but before I left I looked around and saw other papers hanging and torn newspapers, I noticed that she had important notes on murderers and criminals.

Well, she must be a person who loves hunting her trophies as much as I do, she has hers I mine, maybe, I say maybe I could also exploit her in finding my new prey, maybe with her I will at least be able to get some information on where may it be this skeletal leader.

Before putting on the mask I saw her hair, as red as the very blood of the men I killed, that face that seemed delicate, but at the same time severe, as soon as I realized that I was running too much with my curiosity, I put the mask back in its place and now that I was about to leave, I could not help but turn to her one last time.

Oh paya, why do I feel so strange? Every time I turn to look at her better or think of her face I feel like I have to protect her, but it makes no sense, our species cannot meet, if not just for hunting, but what I know is that I feel so from the moment in which she had spoken on her 'phone'.

The anger she felt at that moment also transmitted it to me, so that she saw the sky while she was herself on the ground, intrigued me too to want to see what was above my head, but certainly had no sense, no woman in these years has ever managed to make me feel so strange, so why did she?

What was different about her from other prey?

And with this question in mind I left, returning in the night hoping to find some trophies to make up my mind and my pride.