Chapter 5

While I was waiting to see Race, hoping to meet for lunch, I started to clarify some unsuspected issues.

Point number one, I don't have a phone anymore, I must have thrown it somewhere last night, well here's an excuse to go back to that building.

Point number two, I'm out of the police precinct, I wouldn't want to start arguing with a police officer today.

Point number three, I keep thinking that I had already seen the eyes of last night in my dreams, the presence I felt last night is the same that happens to me in dreams, so what exactly does it mean? Maybe going back to that building I'll have some answers.

For now, however, I have to wait to see that unable to Race, hoping to have good news.

<< TIME SKIP >>

As always on time at lunchtime I saw Race arrive, I motioned to him to come closer to me and as soon as he was in front of me I said: "So what's the news for me?"

"Come on Chloe won't you say hello to me? First, at least explain to me why you left. Or tell me why you yelled at me on the phone?" he said.

"You don't remember?" And anyway it doesn't matter you know that I have to get up early to go to work, quiet I still had fun and I was high ", I said amused, I had to give him a plausible explanation to keep him good to have his help, so I even gave a smile of encouragement and he seemed to believe it.

"You know that if you smile like that you make me want to kiss you so much, but that's okay I believe you, well you're not wrong too I arrived home a bit drunk, so I beg your pardon, but come on let's talk somewhere else, you know I can't give you information on the case in front of my workplace. "

He wasn't completely wrong, so we went to the usual restaurant and while we were waiting to eat he started talking.

"The name of the arrested man is Roy, I heard that he was a former soldier, a tough guy, with many missions behind him, and was in charge of a team. What I know is that his comrades were reported missing, he instead he seemed to have gone crazy, I don't know exactly why, but according to them, they believe that this Roy killed everyone on that jungle mission and now he seems to be no longer aware of what he sees or does. Well, I don't want to believe it, but it could very well be the killer we were looking for, don't you think? ".

Before I could answer he added:

"Furthermore, it must also be said that I have not yet seen him in person, so I don't know exactly how he is mentally, but unfortunately my other companions have been denied the possibility of even seeing him or keeping an eye on him, I don't know who he is, but a lot of big shots were looking for him. "

"This does not explain the killing he has done, you too know like me that the victims were hung upside down and skinned from their skin, others had no backbone, how do you explain this?", I said in my turn and he with surprise said to me:

"And how do you know these things? They are details that no one knows yet .."

"Yours is being a policeman my job instead is investigating as a journalist, I have also had tips from people that you don't even know existed, so please don't tell lies, because the murders that have taken place cannot have been made by a human being or at least not be seen. And I can assure you that none of my informants were wrong. There is also one more thing to take into account, the work done is perfect, no blood splatters or screams. .. "

"Well you will have your sources I have mine and now I will tell you what no one would have given you. The man Roy, he has a family so if you want maybe you could go and see what his wife says, what do you say?".

"Absolutely yes, fuck! Why didn't you tell me right away, I would go there immediately, if you want you could come with me too. So at least I'll repay your information with a little company." I was hoping to go there alone, but still why not?

"I'd like to, but I have to resume the service, but please be careful, you never know. But I didn't tell you anything, I don't want to get into trouble, there is only one last thing I don't understand, why a killer should kill people of high rank in politics and government, well they weren't pure people of course, they were still part of dangerous organizations, but I don't understand where that was going. "

"That's the point! Why blame a madman who will by now be consumed by wars, when instead I am sure that there is a mole in this system, perhaps one who hopes to take revenge or to reach a higher office? This is what I want to find out, we both know the murders aren't over. "

"I understand, but what if you were wrong? What if he is pretending to be crazy when he wants to take revenge on something or someone for what happened to his comrades? Maybe he wants to take revenge on the government or politicians.

It could be a good explanation, but I wonder who knows what his mission was in a jungle far from the world and then goes back to being a murderer. "

He wasn't all wrong, we need to investigate even more, starting with the family itself.

<< TIME SKIP >>

As soon as I got Roy's address, took the car, and set off for the trip, it would take 2 hours to drive, but at least I had some time to put down a few questions.

Once I arrived at Roy's family home, I saw that it was surrounded by a beautiful sea view, just a few steps from the beach, but still isolated from other villages.

When I got to the door I knocked once, then another time, I tried to see from the neighboring windows inside the house, it didn't seem to have any sign that anyone was at home, so I thought it was better to get back in the car and wait for them to return.

But luckily someone opened the door of the house and I saw a beautiful woman with black hair who greeted me saying: "Hi, who would you be?"

"Ah ... I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but I'm Chloe, a reporter from the city and I wish I could ask you some questions or have some answers about Roy, she is his wife ...", before I could add anything else, I saw her face turn white and frightened.

"I'm not here to make the news, but answers that might help your husband get out of jail. I can assure you I'm not from the police or at least an agent, but I'm sure he's innocent and I'd like to prove it. All the people in town, they must know the truth ... "

"What should you know huh? Anyway, the government has already framed him and instead I have been threatened and called into question for having protected him. So don't tell me that you want to help me .."

"But it's true! This is not admissible what they did to him and it was not right to threaten you, but I have witnesses who could help him ..." She was again about to shut the door in my face when I added saying: " In the jungle mission, what did your husband see? I'm sure your husband wasn't a cruel and vengeful person, so why not help him get out and start telling me about him and this mission? "

As I said, I know how to be very persuasive and determined in wanting to find out news and truth.

She made me sit in the living room on a sofa, gave me some tea, and before starting with the questions I told her in a calm and assuring voice: "I assure you that nothing will happen to you, no one will know that I came here and I just want to know how everything has begun".

"It all started on a summer day, our little girl was one year old and he had to face a secret mission, in a jungle, I knew there was something wrong, we usually talk about his exploits, but this time he could not say a word about it. While he was gone, I had no news of him, nor where he was or from his bosses, this had already made me suspicious, but after weeks finally Roy returned home, safe and sound. Or at least that's how I thought. "