Chapter 19

"Where is the city you promised me?" the woman said to the mirror

"Soon, my lady, a part of the city is already ours, the high-ranking people follow my orders and the common people fear the night and death itself. Every fearful soul is already ready to serve you," I replied, maintaining the confident tone of my voice without any hesitation. Even a single wrong sentence and I could find myself without a head.

"Remember, demon," she raised her voice. "If you let too much time pass, the sentinel of light will become stronger, and you will lose. You decide what to do, but do not come back to me empty-handed, or you will beg for death." These were her last words before vanishing.

My lady does not like to wait, but I am sure of what I am doing. The witch does not scare me; I have already caused her death once, and so it shall be again this time.

However, thinking about the tortures that my lady can inflict for years, if not more, sent shivers down my spine. I would much prefer to be killed by the light witch than by Viktorya.

Being damned and wandering this earth for years is already torture. Having failed in the past did not help me rise in rank; instead, I have had to endure the worst humiliations and tortures from my superiors, even though I am older than them. Damn witch!

I have been waiting for hours for the return of that stupid useless alien! I had captured and enslaved him a few years ago, and I must say they were right. Having an alien who knows how to hunt and have fun and, moreover, follows orders is not bad at all. It was easy to corrupt his spirit from a good and wise warrior to a ruthless and hungry creature, but ever since the red-haired witch and her alien boyfriend appeared, things here have been progressing slowly.

"So, my brother, how did it go with our lady? Is she very angry? Or were you able to make her forgive you by telling her how obedient of a dog you are?" my sister said with a mocking and smiling voice.

I can't stand her anymore.

"Don't you have anything better to do, my sister?" I said in turn, lying on my chair with the computer still on. I sighed and added, "Instead of bothering me, why don't you try to capture Reya and her alien? So, if you fail, it will be your turn to be a slave to our mistress." I smirked, looking directly into her eyes. She is afraid of failure just as much as I am, but she will never admit it. She prefers to dirty other people's hands. What a bitch.

"First of all, it was your idea to conquer the city and have human flesh at hand. Furthermore," she said, making herself comfortable on my couch, "You're the one who has to kill that girl again. It shouldn't be difficult; you've already done it once. But this time, try to make her heart beat still so that our mistress can play with the witch's soul. That way, she will enjoy herself, and you will be forgiven for your slowness and disobedience," she laughed.

"Perhaps you're right. Maybe this time, I'll bring her back alive so that we can all have fun with her, don't you think?" Even though it pains me to admit, my sister is right. "But first, I want to know where the fuck that idiot alien went!" I said, now nervously and restlessly.

"Bad news, brother, our playmate is dead. His head rolled for a while before stopping, and his bright green blood was still splashing from his body," she said, pretending to be sorry while laughing.

Damn, this wasn't supposed to happen. Now I have to find another alien. But before losing my calm, another idea came to mind that could benefit my position.

"No worries, sister, our police friend could prove very useful," I said calmly, already imagining having the witch's heart in my hand and her companion's head in the other.

The day has just begun, and things are finally going in the right direction.

Meanwhile...

If I don't hurry, I'll be late for the interview, I said to myself, trying to gather everything I need for the trip and the meeting. But it seems that every minute that passes, I forget something to bring.

Damn, it's all because of that sexy alien I have at home. If I hadn't slightly drunk and heated up by the sight of his body, maybe I would have gone to bed at a decent hour. But I couldn't say no to Vor. Those luminescent eyes and that sculpted physique.

Oh God, I'm wasting time again! I curse myself again, and while I finish getting ready to go out, I notice that Vor is still here in the house with me, dressed, if you can call it that, his armor covering only the essentials and his weapons in hand, shining.

The only thing causing chaos in this room is me; otherwise, he is silent, meditating. I wish I could be like that, at peace.

"You won't go alone today; I'll come with you, wherever you go, I'll come with you," he said, getting up from the floor and putting away his weapons. Then, looking out the window, he added, "I'll be your shadow, and nothing and no one will get close to you; the enemy will have to deal with me first."

His tone seems calm, but at the same time irritated and worried.

What could possibly happen going to Roy's house? I wondered to myself, and with that thought fixed in my mind, I opened the front door, taking one last look at the apartment, and closed it behind me.