Chapter 25

While Vor and I stood side by side, some of his brothers watched us with interest, others were quite bored and disgusted, but it didn't matter what they thought, all I cared about was Vor and killing Revon once and for all.

His elder remained to look at us in silence, he moved his jaw little by little, made some clicks, and seemed to be about to say something, but he thought better of it.

"I have a question to ask you if I'm not being prying, elder," I said in a friendly voice, tilting my head forward slightly as a sign of respect.

He didn't answer, so I asked.

"Why didn't you come between me and Vor?" At my question, he didn't make any movement or change his gaze.

"You did not imprison your son from this relationship or reason with him into changing his mind or torture him for joining a human."

"What's your question woman?" The elder asked impatiently, so I took a single breath and asked him: "Have you by any chance met a woman with whom you felt emotionally attached?"

Vor's brothers laughed at my question and others argued among themselves as if I were crazy, but before I could even answer his brothers loudly their leader responded with a loud and confident 'YES' and they all stared at him in surprise, but only I knew the truth.

"The woman I met was a long time ago, when this continent was not yet colonized or discovered, when humans still killed each other for a piece of land and when there were still indigenous people who respected nature and hunting, they were honorable in life and also in death." He said proudly with a hint of melancholy in his words.

"What happens to her?" I said curiously.

"She died, but not at the hands of me or my clan," he said, looking down at his glass.
"I was young and inexperienced, I was brave and curious at the same time and my clan told me to step aside because I was different. For them, curiosity kills as well as emotions. So I took my spaceship and began to travel the universe, with each planet I discovered new monsters to hunt and new ways to kill, I became stronger and smarter and when I had an entire ship of only trophies I returned to my clan with my knowledge and my treasure."

"Many of my brothers at that time, seeing my trophies, wanted to challenge fate and try themselves to win trophies even bigger than mine, but my king wanted to test me to see how wise and strong I had become. So he informed me that one of our clans, one of the best warriors, had landed on planet Earth to look for worthy opponents, but failed. He was shot down by a human, so I resumed my journey and arrived a year later at his landing, but the village that was marked on the map did not match. What I found were other humans from another nationality or as you say 'foreigners'. Among them no one could match their knowledge and strength to kill one of our kind I know this because they were afraid when they saw me, from the first to the last man who was killed, shouting and praying for salvation." he stops from his story and focuses his gaze on a very ancient weapon that here in our time has not been used for a long time, perhaps no one even knows its name.

"As I finished hanging them upside down I noticed, after several hours, that I had the sensation of being observed, but my helmet of that time did not reveal anything. The technology of the past may have seemed technological and cutting-edge to you, but I can tell you While that was way behind the times, our armor can now do much more than just see you through the dark or reveal your body heat," he said snorting in an amused tone, he is right to make fun of us, their technology is not comparable to what we have now.

"I noticed the three red dots nearby pointing to my chest and then to my head, I looked in the direction of the laser and saw that he was invisible. I thought that the man in front of me was the right one and he had also learned to use our equipment, he had to be a strong and respectable warrior, if I were to win I would return to my king with a unique trophy and increase in rank in my clan. I prepared for the fight, but..." he looked away, closed his eyes, and held his breath until he added, "I lost the fight and when he took off his helmet I saw that it was simply a human female. It was the first time I had been beaten by someone and that someone had to be her. She looked into my eyes and said: "One of your kind has already been killed and I can kill you too."