Chapter 13

I've never been so agitated in my life ... damn what nerves.

I feel like I'm going to pass out shortly, the sweat feels sticky and the clothes are so tight.

I was supposed to cancel this appointment and go see my ex-wife and my beloved daughter.

Nobody in my district knows about my daughter, my little Alexia, she has the same name as my beloved grandmother, she was strong and wise and she knew how to fight for her rights, for all women, while her husbands were at war.

Anyway, now she is in the past, the woman I married now is just a selfish and prodigal woman, she doesn't care much about those around her, just money and a rich lover.

When we met she was a woman with a thousand hopes and big dreams, but the world of work changes you, it pushes you away.

She had moved away from me and her family, but I remained in her shadow, in her service, but it was not what I wanted for my future and my little one.

I am in the police now, but I will not remain a mere young cop forever, I want to aim high, I want my daughter to be proud of her father and have a safe and happy future.

I may seem like a simple guy, with muscles and one who loves to party and women, but it's just one side of the coin, if I want to get information and be seen as an honor cop I will be.

"Mr. Race, your boss is ready to receive you." the office secretary said.

This woman, however, has something strange about it, I am starting to not feel very comfortable here.

But now I have come this far, all that remains is to find out what happens now.

I got up from my chair, put on my suit, and started walking towards the office door, but not before being stopped by the polluting woman.

"Before You go in sir, I need to ask you to turn off your phone, you know better not to disturb your conversation, sir," she said smiling.

Once I turned off the phone, I entered the office, I did not notice that it was a very dark place, and I felt uncomfortable again.

It looks like the normal office of an important entrepreneur, the desk in the center, near the window of the building, around there is a black coffee table and two black leather sofas, on the ground there is a carpet also black but with strange figures and as the last what the lamps that hang from the ceiling make a soft light.

Having said that there isn't much light here, I feel more and more uncomfortable and this office is as creepy as that woman.

And while it's cloudy outside here too it seems to be, everything is spotless and perfect, without a shred of dust or anything that might be out of place, now it's me, maybe what shouldn't be here is me.

"How does this office look to you, Mr. Race?" someone said.

"Sir ...who would you be?" I asked in turn.

"I'm your superior, head of the police districts, etc etc, let's move on, don't need to be so formal, don't you think? Just call me Revon" he said smiling.

"Okay, Revon ... then why am I here?" I'm really curious what I'm doing here, I thought to myself.

I hadn't realized he was there, his voice made me jump and sweat, yet I don't remember ever seeing him on any occasion.

"How about if this office becomes yours? Wouldn't you like to earn a place among the best cops in town? Or maybe become a lieutenant?" He said.

"I don't understand your question, sir," I said in turn.