Chapter 6

The day with Roy's wife went by very quickly and I must say that her story is both incredible and unlikely at the same time.

On my return to the city, I have done nothing but think about its history, many clues are against Roy, the type that he came out unscathed from the mission as the only survivor, but some clues could be in his favor.

His wife tells me that when he returned from his mission, it had been a good two weeks, he seemed to be happy and carefree at the door, but when the night came and it was time to go to bed, Roy began to have nightmares that led him to be very dangerous and agitated.

There was an episode, where Royal the umpteenth nightmare, put himself with weapons in hand to guard all the doors saying that the dead were coming, at other times he screamed and spoke in a dream, he said several times that the black-eyed woman would devour all the his family ... what a horrible thing.

So his wife took him several times to psychologists and the hospital for targeted checks, and the only thing that came out was that her husband suffered from post-traumatic stress, according to them, Roy after seeing his dead companions, he lost every kind of conception of reality and now he sees dead and enemies everywhere.

But ... how did he end up here in town with all these murders? Also, there is no evidence that he did it, it is true now he has a deviated mind, but he does not seem at all to be a clean and mitigated person in killing.

Last observation, but not least, the times do not coincide, because the killings and disappearances had started many months before, long before he returned from his mission, so it is impossible, now what I have left is to try to understand what connection could be there with Roy and the victims, could it be true that he is taking revenge for what happened on that mission?

Maybe I should first figure out what kind of mission that was, well I could ask Race for help, maybe he'll know something.

Once back in the house, I didn't have time to undress when the home phone rang: "Hello, this is Chloe talking."

"Hey, hi! Sorry to bother you, but I wanted to know if you've been to the guy's wife, you know about that Roy thing."

"Oh, ah no, you know it didn't seem appropriate to bother her, she will already have problems with authority, and besides we both know she wouldn't trust me. You know I thought maybe we could talk about something else, I also don't want to bring you other problems with your work.."

"Well you did well, maybe I'll try to find out more, but if you have to think again, call me and we will go together, anyway don't worry, I'll make sure to be careful. Well then as soon as I know more I'll let you know. See you."

Once I got the phone back on, the only question that came to my mind was: Why did he have reason to ask about Roy's wife?

I also promised her that I would not reveal anything to anyone, I'm sure that if I can establish more trust with her, I will surely know more, but for now I am satisfied and I need to rest, once I rest I will think about how to proceed.

Although I am very sleepy and cannot wait to be able to rest, I knew that the nightmares would find me, first the dream starts in a very peaceful and colorful way and then ends with a horrible feeling of being haunted and captured.

As my mother said one day, nothing and no one will ever be able to capture you and put you in a cage, you are a free spirit, but remember that freedom comes with responsibility and commitment, my dear.

She said this phrase because she wanted to entice me into the wedding and to commit myself to finding accommodation as soon as possible, but it was not what I wanted, who knows what I will find at the top of the building, besides my phone, hopefully.