Chapter 3.

2 weeks later.

Charlotte's POV

"So this has been it guys, I love and appreciate each one of you. Eventhough I won't be here to lead you , I'm sure Mrs.Perez here will do a great job guiding you." I spoke to the staff gathered in the meeting room.

"It's been a great journey and it wouldn't have been possible without each and every one of you, so as a token of my appreciation you'll all be getting your bonuses a little earlier this year." I said as the crowd cheered making me smile.

I spoke for a little while more explaining to everyone about the changes being made in the office as I was going to London. I also introduced them to their new COO, Alexandra Perez a young entrepreneur whose clothing brand I had just brought and merged into mine.

As Alexandra then spoke to the staff introducing herself, I went back to my office as Sarah came into my room. I sat down on my chair for probably the last time before moving away.

"I'm going to miss you so much Ma'am." She said with a big smile handing over a box.

I opened it up to see a beautiful bracelet.

"Sarah you shouldn't have." I awwed as I stood up before giving her a hug.

"It's been a pleasure working for you." She said hugging me back.

"Look since you brought me a present, it's only right if I give you something in return." I chuckled as I walked back to my table and took out an envelope from the drawer handing it over to Sarah.

She took it from my confused and I gestured for her to open it and as she did and took out the letter, her eyes widened and a huge smile made its way on to her face.

"Oh my God, Ms.Smith I don't know what to say. Honestly thank you so much." She said excitedly.

"I'm so proud of you and I hope you make yourself proud. Thank you for being such a great assistant." I said as she hugged me again.

I had just made her an fashion consultant at the firm. In short she got promoted and she deserved every bit of it. Even though she was my assistant she had a keen eye for fashion trends and I knew she would do a great job.

I then heard my telephone ring so I answered it.

"Mam, Ms.Jane is here to see you." My receptionist spoke.

"Very well , send her in please." I said ending the call.

Sarah then left wanting to recheck my payments in London and my flight tickets.

"Bitch you ready to go?" Jane asked walking into my office.

"Yeah let me get my stuff." I sighed as I pocketed my phone and walked out my office with her after looking back at it one final time. I again bid all the staff goodbye as I went back to my apartment with Jane.

All the stuff in my apartment I would leave behind as Mark was moving in after I moved to London. My apartment in London was already furnished and I made sure everything I need was already there for me when I move in.

I went out and stood in the balcony for a while as Jane talked over the phone to someone. She was moving with me too as she too had a job offer there which she accepted. So it felt great having atleast one familiar face around.

I looked out at the bright city skyline and smiled to myself. I was leaving to a new place where I may not even like living. I have often questioned myself for throwing myself in the deep end and hoping for the best and once again that's exactly what I was doing.