Chapter 7.

Charlotte's POV

"So you have a date with this hot young dude and your here worrying about sales and stuff." Jane jokingly mocked me as she sat on the kitchen counter.

"Just because he is showing me around, doesn't mean I have to drop all my work and anyways he said he'll pick me up only in the evening." I said flipping my hair as she laughed.

It had been 3 days since she had finally moved into the apartment right opposite to me and to say she was really excited for my 'date' with JJ was an understatement.

Jane was the one who would always push me to date or go out with someone else to finally completely move on from my pathetic ex-husband , but I somehow always managed to keep my relationship level to one night stands. So for her to hear that I was going on a date made her really happy for me.

"Come on then, finish all your bloody work so we can pick out an outfit for tonight." She said as I just shook my head with a chuckle.

"I'm sure it won't take long." I said as she rolled her eyes. The both of us had spend enough time with each other to know that I wouldn't give in to her requests until I finish all my work.

Boys can wait but work shouldn't.

The rest of the afternoon, I spent going through the company accounts and finances. I checked on the reports for the advertising and saw that the plan to rope in influencers to promote our products was working. The products that were shown in the photoshoot we did already sold out within 2 days of launch.

As evening time approached and the blue sky took a darker shade, I found myself on my balcony with a cup of steaming tea in my hand. This was sort of like a habit I had developed after moving here. The coldness of the evening air and the warmth of the tea always seemed to relax me.

Jane had gone back to her apartment in hopes of finally finishing her unpacking. I was just about finished with my cup of tea when I heard my phone ring and saw a now very usual contact pop up on screen.

"Hey Handsome." I greeted him in my usual way.

"Hey Beautiful. Just reminding you about our night out. Remember to wear something warm because I don't want you to die in the winter cold." He said making me chuckle.

"So your saying you won't save me if I was dying." I asked sarcastically.

"I will but I think it's better you wear a coat. I heard kisses are better when you are all warm and cozy." He said and I knew he had a smirk on his face as he said it.

"Don't get your hopes us too high, like I said you won't get that kiss that easy." I said as he laughed.

"I know it won't be easy but both you and me know that it will happen and it'll be the best kiss you ever had." He said as I shook my head.

"Anyways when should I get ready for the things you have planned." I asked seeing the time. It had just turned 5.

"I reckon you get ready around 7 so we can get there a little earlier and explore more." He said.

"Sure I'll see you then Handsome." I said bidding goodbye.

"I can't wait to see you." He said as he end the call.

I just chuckled to myself before going back into the warm apartment. I decided that it would be better to take a shower and then do all my makeup and stuff.

By the time I was finally ready in my outfit, it was almost 7. I put on the biggest winter coat I had bought which would hopefully keep me warm. I put on my boots and was ready and was waiting for JJ's message for me to go down.