A New City...

Dalia's POV

I must have sobbed for at least twenty minutes, trying to accept the fact that Dally was gone. For good this time.

But maybe he wasn't...

Dallas left here between 2:55 and 4:05. That's only an hour and ten minutes that he could have left. I can go to the train station and see where the train he took was going.

I can actually find him!

Why didn't I think of this before??!!

I ran out the door as fast as I could down to the train station. I assumed that Dallas went to the one ten minutes from here and not the one an hour walk from here.

I hope my assumption was correct.

I was out of breath by the time I got to the train station. "Hello, ma'am, are you alright?" The lady at the counter asked.

"I- no. I- I just... can you..."

"Here, hang on. Slow down. Catch your breath." She said leaning in a bit to make sure I was ok.

I took her advice and gave myself a second to catch my breath. I was running in the cold and my lungs ached from it.

"Alright. I need..." I took one more breath before I got my words out. "I need to know what trains left between 2:50 and like... 4:15 last night." I said trying to give them some leeway with the times.

She looked at her booklet. "It looks like we had one train leave last time at 3:30. It was a straightaway to Tulsa, Oklahoma." She said with a small smile.

"Oklahoma? Like... down south?" I asked.

"Mhmm." She said with a nod.

Well... I guess it's worth a try to go and find him... I've got nothing here for me, anyway.

"Well, when's the next train to Tulsa, Oklahoma?" I asked.

"Not for another three weeks." She said, trying to sound sympathetic.

I guess that's why Dallas only stayed here for three weeks... it's when the train comes back for him...

I sighed. "Dammit..." I mumbled. "Three weeks?" I asked.

She nodded. "But, there is a train ready in fifteen minutes for Nashville Tennessee, and right after they stop there's a train leaving for Tulsa. So it'll take about 35 hours to Nashville, and another 26 to Tulsa. You'll be there in two and a half days. So when you arrive, it'll be 7:00 PM."

"That's the soonest I can get there?" I asked, not really wanting to wait almost 3 days.

"I'm afraid it is."

"I'll take it." I said digging some money out of my pocket.

I had thirty-six dollars in my pocket. That's gotta be enough to get me there and hopefully a decent place to stay for a few nights. At least until I figure things out.

But if Dallas is there, he's gotta have a place for me to stay... right?

I hoped so.

I paid for the ticket and started my two day, 12 hour long train ride to... well... just everywhere across the country it seems like.

It felt weird being in public in what I was wearing. I had leggings and a t-shirt on. I almost always wore jeans. I didn't like wearing skin tight stuff out. Most people wore leggings under things to keep warm but I really did like the way they felt. So I wore them to bed.

At least my jacket made me feel more... me...

I've never travelled out of New York before, so I was kinda nervous.

But after what seemed like the longest day and a half of my life, I was in Nashville.

To be fair, I slept most of the time on the first train ride to make up for all the sleep I missed for the past three weeks.

I got to look around the city for 30 minutes before the train to Tulsa left.

It was a nice city. It was like New York but it looked better. Less muggings, more happy people. I kinda liked it. But from what I know, Oklahoma is a country town.

All I've ever known is city.

I didn't know if I'd stick out, or if I'd never blend in, or people would know I'm not from there. I mean, I wear clothes a New Yorker would wear. Not how a country girl dressed.

But hey, maybe nobody will ever know the difference.

Hopefully.

After another long train ride, I was here.

I was in Oklahoma.

I was in Tulsa.

I might be in the same city as Dallas again... God, I hoped so. I need to convince him to come back!

I cant keep being called a murderer of 2! Hell, I can't even stand being called a murderer of one. But Dalton's most likely dead. At least that's what the cops say.

I walked around a bit and noticed a sign that said "Welcome to Tulsa." It felt so weird.

I was in another state!

I was hundreds and thousands of miles away from my parents!

Who knew it was so easy to get out?

But I've never worked a day in my life. I just stole money. So running away and surviving isn't as easy. But hey, Dallas does it, so can't be that hard.

I made my way into the city and I realized it wasn't like Nashville or New York City, which are the only places I know. And barely Nashville.

The sun was setting and there were quite a few buildings.

But it wasn't crowded. Not like how it was back home. Honestly, there was only a few people walking around. It was weird.

I liked it, though.

I walked down this street and it had small houses lined across it. They were so simple and plain, but they looked so... welcoming. I wasn't sure how else to put it.

There was a park across the street and there wasn't trash spread across it. There wasn't a bunch of shitty benches. It was peaceful.

I walked into the park. It was so nice. I looked over at the fountain. It was stained.

I walked closer to it. It was a red, sticky liquid. But it was pretty much dried, I think.

Was this blood?

It was hard to tell what it was since it was already dark. But I got closer to it and I was about to touch it until I heard a voice behind me.

"What are you doing?"