Alive

Dalia's POV

"Looks like we're heading into a neighborhood." The guy said.

I recognize this place. I saw Fenton road. It was the way the guy at the hotel told me to turn. Dallas just took a different way to get here.

There's no way this is gonna have anything to do with anything legal or illegal. He's visiting someone. But who? And why?

"He's pulling in up in that driveway." The guy said.

"Stop here." I said quickly. He slammed on his breaks and I quickly jumped out. "Thank you so much." I said leaning against his car.

"Anytime, doll. The names Thomas. If ya need anything, give me a call." He said handing me a piece of paper.

I looked at it for a second and grinned. "Dalia. See ya around." I said with a fake smile.

I knew for a fact I'd never look at that piece of paper again.

I saw Dallas knocked in the door and I quickly snuck up behind him. "Whatcha doing?" I asked after I accidentally made a noise by stepping on a stick.

Dallas turned around. His eyes widened once he saw me. "Dalia? What the fuck are you going? Get out of here!"

"No! Why did you say you were coming to Windrixville to do legal stuff when you're coming to visit someone?" I asked, angrily.

"Dalia, you don't understand. Get out of here!"

"No!" I yelled back quickly.

He put his hands over my eyes, turned me around, and shoved me back. "Dalia, get lost. You can't be here."

I groaned and turned back around. We were both facing each other and I felt my anger rise up in me.

"Dallas, if you thing for one second-"

I started to speak but I was quickly interrupted by the door opening. I looked to the right to see who it really was while Dallas looked his left with a nervous look. Whoever this guy was, Dallas really didn't want me to meet. But I didn't care. 

I studied the guy for a second.

Wait...

What!?

It didn't take me more than a second to realize who it was.

My angry expression quickly turned into confusion.

No...

It can't be?

I tried to say something, but nothing came out.

Was it really?

"Dalia?" He asked.

"D-Dalton?" I questioned.

I looked at Dallas and all my anger rose to the top of me. I shoved him back and he stumbled a bit, but otherwise it didn't faze him.

"Fuck you! Fuck both of you!"

I bolted away from the door and down the street. I went back to the train station from the way I knew. So I had a two mile walk of nothingness ahead of me.

"Dalia! Get back here!" Dallas called.

"Dalia, please listen!" Dalton called back.

I rolled my eyes at the two of them and continued walking.

They caught up to me and I just kept looking forward. "Look, you have to understand-"

Dalton started to speak, but I didn't say anything. I blocked him out once I realized a cop car was heading down the street. I stopped in my tracks and let Dallas and Dalton keep walking for a second before they realized I had stopped.

I waved my hand up trying to get the officers attention. He slowly pulled up to me and stopped. "What are you doing?" Dallas asked, angrily.

"Can I help ya?" The officer asked.

"Yes, actually. These two boys have been following me for a bit and it's really starting to creep me out. Can ya get them to stop?" I asked trying to sound nervous.

"Here. Hop in. I'll give ya a ride to wherever ya need." The cop said.

"You boys stay outta trouble." He said to Dalton and Dallas.

I grinned at them before I got in the car.

"Alright, ma'am. Where are we going?"

"The train station."

"Alright." He said, still sounding professional.

He turned around and sped off towards the train station. We finally got there and I got out. "Thank you, a ton." I said with a smile.

"You got it. Let me know if those boys start buggin' ya again." He said.

"Can do."

I closed the door and went to buy a ticket to Tulsa. "Sorry, the train just left. It'll be back at around 9 PM tonight." The lash at the desk asked.

I sighed. I forgot about that. I really hoped that there would just be one here waiting for me. A girl can dream.

I bought the ticket and tried to figure out what I was supposed to do for the next five hours.

I decided to go to that motel I stayed at when I first came to Windrixville.

I walked inside and grinned once I noticed it was the guy with the cigar and straw hat. "Hey! You're back!" He said.

"I am. I was just wondering if I could stay here for a couple hours. I'll pay ya, but I gotta be outta here by 8:20 ish." I said trying to give myself enough time to wait at the train station.

"Of course, darlin'. Here's your key."

I put the key in my pocket and took a few coins out and places it on the counter.

I walked to the room 4B and got kinda excited I got to go to the second floor.

Once I got up there, I started to open the door and I noticed Dallas and Dalton walking down the street. I quickly closed the door and locked it.

I really couldn't believe it...

Dalton was alive.

Dallas' POV

Dalton and I made it to the station and I was furious at Dalia for following me. I had a bad feeling Sodapop told her to do it.

We got too the station and that stupid cop wasn't there so I assumed he had already dropped Dalia off.

But the train for Tulsa didn't leave till 9. We bought the tickets, but Dalia was nowhere in sight.

"What if the cop didn't drop her off here?" Dalton asked.

"Where else would she go?" I asked, dumbly. "We've got a few hours. Come on. Let's head back to your house."