New Friends

Dalia's POV

I waited impatiently in the room. I couldn't believe it. Thousands upon thousands of thoughts ran through my head.

Dalton's...

Not...

Dead.

I couldn't rest or move or even breath right. I noticed it was 8:15 and the sun was setting. I guess I could head over to the train station for a bit longer than expected.

I gave the guy his key back and I walked to the station. By the time I got there, it was dark and I was laying on the bench looking up at the sky.

"Come on. Train leaves in fifteen minutes. Let's sit down." I looked over and there they were.

Uh oh.

I quickly panicked, unsure of what to do.

Fuck!

I silently rolled off the bench and crawled under it. It was dark out. I hoped to God they wouldn't see me.

"Why did she follow you in the first place?" Dalton asked. He sounded mad.

"I have a hunch."

So this is what Soda was talking about...

The fifteen minutes seemed to go by slower than ever. I couldn't believe anything. I was in complete shock.

"All boarding! Tulsa!" The guy yelled.

I rolled out from behind the bench and got up quickly so that they wouldn't see me. I got in the crowd of people and walked in with them.

Dallas and Dalton stood up and got in the line. My heartbeat quickened as we got closer to each other.

I wanted nothing to do with either of them and they were making it hard to do so.

The guy punched my ticket and I ran inside the train.

I wanted to go all the way to the back but that part wasn't opened yet.

"Can I sit next to you?" I asked a lady.

"Oh, sure." She said. She shifted a bit so I could crawl over her, but I dove down to her feet. "Are you ok?" She asked.

I nodded, but I wasn't really. "Please... don't talk to me until they're gone." I mumbled, quietly.

I saw Dallas and Dalton walk to the next part of the train.

I sighed and sat up next to her in the actual seat. "Are you alright?" She asked softly.

"No. Not really." I said, quietly.

I told her the basics of the story so she'd get the gist of it. "Oh my goodness! That's terrible! I'm so sorry. But they're in the back now, right?" She asked. I nodded. "Alright. I'll make sure you're ok. We'll get off quickly and I'll drive you to wherever you need to go."

"Really? You don't have to do that." I mumbled.

"Please, I insist."

"I really don't want you to go out of your way." I said with a small smile.

"I have two older brothers. I get it." She said.

"Thank you, but I'll be ok. I just need to get off without them seeing me."

"Alright. If you insist."

The next hour was pretty boring. Just a dark scenery to look at. But finally, the train came to a stop and I stood up quickly and got ready to run.

I stepped over her and waited for the girl to tell people they could move.

"You dropped a dollar." The lady next to me said.

I looked down as the lady said we could move. I looked around nervously and I made eye contact with Dallas.

"Keep it." I said quickly. I ran off the train and I heard Dallas and Dalton follow me.

I ran as quickly as I could until I couldn't anymore. But then I realized I had absolutely no idea where I was.

"Fuck..." I mumbled.

I was in a town. But not one I remembered. I was near a neighborhood with huge, beautiful houses.  I was in the rich side of Tulsa.

I walked aimlessly around until I found my way into another side of town.

I was walking and I heard footsteps behind me. I slightly turned my head and quickly turned back. I tried to pretend that I didn't see them, but they were quickly catching up to me.

I noticed a red car driving up in front of me. I waved my hand quickly and they slowly stopped. "Can I help ya?" The girl asked.

I nodded and put my hand up and pointed towards Dallas and Dalton. The two girls looked ahead and then at each other. "Hop in."

I let out a sigh of relief and got in the car. They drove off quickly and I let out the breath I've been holding.

"Was that Dallas Winston?" The girl driving asked. She had this real pretty red hair. The other girl had short brown hair. They seemed nice enough.

I sighed. "Yeah, that's him."

"What's he doing following ya?" The redhead asked.

"It's a long story." I said, sighing. I was just grateful to get outta there.

"Alright. Then where am I taking ya?"

"Away from them." I mumbled.

The brunette spoke up. "Look, I mean this in the nicest way possible. Dallas doesn't chase girls. So if you think he's into you, don't take it seriously."

I stopped her. "He's my brother."

Both of them themed around and looked at me dead in the eye. "Wow. That woulda been my last guess." The brunette said.

"I get that a lot..." I mumbled.

They both looked at each other and back towards the road. "Well, I'm Sherri. But most people call me Cherry cause of my red hair."

"I'm Marcia."

"I'm Dalia." I said.

I didn't really have enough motivation to talk to them. I appreciated their effort but my mind was too scrambled to say anything.

"Wait, you were that mystery girl in the paper. The one who saved those kids with Ponyboy, Dallas, and Johnny." Marcia said.

"Yeah... do you know them?" I asked.

"Yeah. They're real sweet. Well, Ponyboy is."

I wondered why she didn't say Johnny. Johnny seemed to be the nicest out of all of them. Maybe she has a bad impression because he killed that kid. But it was outta self defense.

"So how about you tell us the story and we drive around. Then I'll take ya wherever you need to go." Cherry said.

"Well... all I can say is get ready."