Alone

Dalia's POV

"Holy crap!" Lottie yelled as I finished my story. "I can't believe that!"

I looked around to make sure nobody was around us. Lottie and I were hiding behind the school. "Me neither. It all seemed so surreal. But watching him being bombarded by everyone right now makes it so worth it." I said, grinning.

"Do you think he had a good reason?" Lottie asked.

I thought for a second. "No..." I finally said. "I really don't think he did."

It was silent between us for a moment. "So what now?" She asked.

"I-I really don't know. I mean, I was excited to stay in Tulsa, but I don't even know if I want to anymore. I'm stuck here for three weeks anyway since that's when the train comes."

Lottie started to say something, but someone grabbed me and turned me around.

"What the hell is wrong with you!?" Dallas yelled. I opened my mouth to yell back, but he cut me off. "Fucking idiot! You're so fucking insane!" Dallas continued.

"How am I the idiot!? The real idiot here is the one who kept a secret from the other one! One that ruined her life!" I yelled.

"Knock it off! We're leaving." He said grabbing me.

I bit him and pulled away. I backed up into Dalton. I groaned and walked around them.

"Come on, let's go back to my house." Lottie whispered.

"Fine with me." I said, angrily.

"Like hell you are. Do you know how much trouble you caused?" Dallas continued.

"Stop yelling, Dally." Dalton said, calmly.

"I hope you get hit by a fucking bus!" Dallas yelled.

"Dallas, stop!" Dalton continued to yell.

"Oh yeah?" I started. "Maybe I will! Maybe I'll run in front of a fucking bus and die!" I screamed. "I also slept with one of your friends!" I yelled out of anger.

"WHAT? WHO?" Dallas said, angrier than before.

"Stop it, you two!" Dalton said, trying to yell over us.

Dallas and I both ignored him.

"You're coming with me."

"No, I'm not!"

"Shut up!" Dalton screamed.

I rolled my eyes. I focused towards Dalton. "What, you probably feel the same way! You probably want me dead too! You probably wish I never existed! So hit me! Punch me! Hurt me!" I screamed.

I shoved Dalton backwards. If I knew any better, which I did, Dalton would never hit anybody if he didn't have to. Let's hope that didn't change. I have a feeling his punches hurt.

"Huh? You aren't gonna do it? You scared? Come on, Dalton!" I yelled with my voice getting raspy from all the screaming.

"If he isn't gonna do it, I will, for Christ's sake!" Dallas yelled.

"Dallas, stop!" Dalton yelled trying to push him away from me.

"No, wait!" I yelled.

Dallas took a hard blow to my jaw. I winced and almost toppled over.

I felt blood pour out of my mouth.

"Dallas! Are you kidding me?!" Dalton yelled.

"Dalton Winston! Over here! Now!"

I'm pretty sure it was Coach Fenner. That's not good for Dalton.

I noticed Dallas was looking over at Dalton take the walk of shame over to the coach. I caught him off guard and kicked him in the stomach and then again in the mouth.

I may not have a lot of experience, but I sure as hell know how to fight if I need to.

He punched me again and I felt someone grab me. "Stop it!" Dalton yelled.

Coach Fenner and Dalton grabbed Dallas. I tried to take another punch at him, but Lottie stood in front of me. I almost punched her, but I stopped quickly.

"Dalia! Grow up! Come on, we're going back to my house." She said grabbing me.

Wow. I never heard Lottie yell before.

"Dallas, you better get your act together." Dalton said. That was the last thing I heard before I was out of hearing distance from the three. 

"Dalia, why did you do that?" Lottie asked.

"I hate them."

"They're your brothers."

"They're assholes." I said wiping the blood off of my mouth.

"Wake up, Dalia! They're all you have left! They are the only two people in this world who hasn't left you yet!"

"Both of them have left me! Wait, what are you saying?" I asked, with a snarky attitude.

"Dalia, I love you. I do. But you're putting yourself in a bad position."

"So I'm the problem, is what I'm hearing."

"Dalia, that's not what I said."

"But it's what you're getting at. Whatever, Charlotte."

I stormed off to the opposite direction and found myself in the outskirts of New York. I wasn't quite sure where I was, but I thought that I was a mile away from where I live. Or used to live. I don't know.

I feel like I don't know anything anymore.

Like there was nothing left for me.

I leaned against the side of a random building. I looked around. There was nothing but lifeless, boring buildings.

I pulled my knees to my chest and buried my head in them. I started crying without a care in the world.

Dallas' POV

"You started the fight, did you not?" Coach Fenner yelled.

"I did, but she asked for it! Literally!" I yelled back.

"She asked for me to do it, because she knew I wouldn't. Not for you!" Dalton retaliated.

"Dalia!" Someone yelled.

Dalton, the coach, and I looked over. It was Dalia's friend. I couldn't remember her name. Started with an L or something.

"She stormed off. Get out of here and go find her!" I snapped.

"She and I both went off together and she got mad at me and ran off. I thought she'd come back here." She said, nervously.

"So she's not with you?" Dalton asked.

"No... I told her she needed to stop being so mean to everyone and she got mad and stormed off. She went back this direction. I just figured this was the only place she could go."

"She's not here." Coach Fenner said, looking around.

"Fuck..." I mumbled.

"Great..." Dalton continued.