Confrontation

Dalia's POV

As we walked farther and farther from where we were sitting, I started to recognize the place even more.

"Dalia!" Someone yelled. We all turned around and I see Lottie running up to me. "Are you ok? Where were you?"

"I went home." I said, quickly.

"Liar. You would never willingly go back to your house."

"Whatever. I'm going back to Oklahoma soon, anyway." I mumbled.

"Can we please not end like this? Come on, Dee. You're my best friend."

"Ew... don't call me that." I said with a disgusted face.

"Dalia, come on." She said.

She pulled me to the side and around a building into an alleyway to get away from Dallas and Dalton.

"I'm sorry if I upset you. I know there's a lot going on right now and I should have been there for you instead of trying to tell you what to do. Please, if you're going back to Oklahoma, don't end things like this."

I thought for a second. I knew she was right, even if I hated to admit it. She shouldn't be apologizing to me.

"Don't worry about it. I'm sorry for being a complete asshole in the first place."

She smiled and hugged me.

Goodness. what's with all the hugs lately?

Actually... I kinda like it.

I hugged her back and I ran out to catch up with Dalton and Dallas.

We went to the train station and the fastest we can get to Tulsa is by taking a train to Pennsylvania first and then heading down there.

So thats what we did.

Dalton said goodbye to everyone and Dallas flipped everyone off one last time. I said goodbye to Lottie and made sure to give Mariah a big "fuck you" one more time.

I'm really leaving New York.

And I was actually excited about it once.

Within three hours, we were on our way down to Tulsa.

And this time, I knew it was for good.

But, I guess all good things must come to an end.

I was sitting next to Dallas and I got the window seat. Dalton took the seat behind us.

"We are now entering Indiana." The lady walking up and down the aisles said.

I was exhausted. It must have been around ten in the morning and I have not slept all night. So as people started to wake up, I was ready to go to sleep. Even though I found it hard to do so on a train.

"Alright, I got a question for ya." Dallas asked.

I noticed he's been angrier than usual since we were at the school. But he's been doing better at hiding it. Is he still that pissed after he punched me?

"Lord, what?" I asked, drowsily.

"Knock it off. Don't give me that attitude. Which one of my friends did you sleep with?"

Well that certainly took me by surprise.

I sat up quickly and started choking on my own spit. "You ok?" Dalton asked from behind me.

I ignored him. "Huh? Slept with one of your friends?" I asked, after getting my breath back.

"Yeah. Don't play dumb."

"W-where did you get that idea from?" I asked, nervously.

"Are you kidding?" He asked. I stared at him blankly. "You told me at the school!"

"I-" I stopped to think. "Fuck... I did say that, didn't I." I muttered to myself.

"So you did?" Dallas asked getting closer to me.

"I- I just said that to piss you off. I didn't actually-"

He cut me off. "You're getting nervous. You fucking liar! Which one of my friends are you hooking up with?" He yelled.

"Dallas, shh!" Dalton said, trying to talk over him without causing a scene.

It was definitely too late for that.

"I'm not hooking up with any of them!" I yelled.

"I'm gonna have to ask you two to be quiet." A woman said coming up to us.

Dallas and I both looked at her and I rolled my eyes. I got quieter. "I'm not hooking up with any of them." I repeated.

I really meant it. I didn't wanna use Sodapop as a joke or a casual hookup. I really liked him. He's sweet. And I wasn't into that stuff, unlike Dallas, which I'm sure is into all that.

"Why, out of all things, did you tell it then?" He asked.

"I wanted to piss you off! Obviously, it worked!"

"I don't believe you." Dallas said, narrowing his gaze at me. "Who is it? It's unlikely Darry or Two-Bit, never in a million years would it be Ponyboy, Johnnys been in police trouble, so it's either Sodapop or Steve. Which is it!" He yelled.

"I'm not fucking your friends!" I yelled, louder than before.

"Fucking liar."

"Knock it off, you two!" Dalton said. "You're acting like children!"

"I'm gonna have to ask one of you two to move seats." The same girl said, coming up to us.

I quickly stepped over Dallas before he could stand up. "Move it." I said to Dalton, pointing to my spot.

"Ma'am, I'm referring to a seat in the back of the train." She said.

I rolled my eyes. "No, it's ok. I'll move." Dalton said.

"Are you sure, mister?" She asked.

"Yeah. They're my siblings. I don't care who I sit next to."

I rolled my eyes and pouted once I got to my seat.

What was I thinking when I told him that?!

God, I guess I didn't see myself in a train with him on the way back to Oklahoma or ever having any relation to him every again.

My anger just took the best of me.

Oh well...

I deserve it.

I just hope Sodapop doesn't get in trouble for it with Darry, or anyone else. He told me about his relationship with his family when we were in his car. Darry loves the kid, but I don't know how he feels about me.

And I already know Dallas is ready to confront him about it.