Announcement

Dalia's POV

I had a hard time getting up the first set of stairs because of my leg and it was only five steps. If i wanted to get to the top with my leg, it was gonna be a while.

"Hey, girly." Someone said walking right up in front of me.

I rolled my eyes and groaned. "What do you want?" I said.

Mariah laughed. "I'm just curious about a few things. I mean, one second you beat me up and you hate me, and the next you're some type of hero? Why?"

"Easy. In what movie did the hero ever like the villain?" I said, walking past her.

I saw her roll her eyes and walk away with her minions following her.

I laughed once she couldn't hear me. So did Lottie. We started to walk up the stairs and as I struggled to get to the top, I looked to the right of me trying to see how far I'd gotten.

But instead I saw something WAY different than what I expected.

I stopped. I was frozen in my tracks. I don't know how long I was staring but it didn't make any sense.

"Dalia?" Lottie asked. I looked back up at her. "Dalia, it looks like you saw a ghost. Are you ok?"

"They're here..." I mumbled.

"Who's here?" She asked. I tried to get to the top of the stairs as fast as I could. "Slow down. Be careful." Lottie continued.

I made it to the top and went as far away from them as possible. "They're here!"

"Who?"

"Dallas! And his friends! Sodapop! And- And-"

"Wait, where?" She asked looking behind me.

"In the front corner! Look!" I said, frantically.

"Holy crap! That is Dallas!" She stopped for a second. "Which one's Sodapop?" She asked.

I laughed. "The cute one." I said.

"They're all cute! Which one?"

"The one with the flannel shirt."

We both laughed.

"Welcome everyone to the game against the Jackson Warriors..." The crowd cheered. "Against your own, New York City High Bulldogs!" The crowd cheered louder.

The usual announcements happened and they announced all the players and their lineups. All that stuff.

The game was finally. ready to start.

"Wait! Hold on! There's one more announcement!" Coach Fenner said grabbing the microphone.

I rolled my eyes. I still hates this asshole.

"Alright, so you all know me, I'm Coach Fenner and I've been coaching football here for almost 12 years now." He took a breath. "A few years ago, my star quarterback went missing the day of the first playoff game."

I raised an eyebrow. Was he really about to talk about Dalton right now?!

"I was so angry. I made Principal Reynolds call in his siblings to the office so I could yell at them. I blamed them for everything."

He took out a newspaper from his back pocket. "I think most of us have seen this by now."

My mouth dropped. It was the paper from Tulsa. How in the fucking world did he get a copy?

I felt my heartbeat quicken. "It's a copy from Oklahoma about how the two siblings and a couple other teens saved a bunch of kids in a fire. Calls them heroes."

He paused for a second. "So I would just like to give Dallas Winston and Dalia Winston a huge apology from me. Thank you." He walked away and everyone started clapping.

I couldn't move.

I was stunned.

I managed to look over at Dallas and he looked back at me. For a split second we made eye contact.

All Dally's friends seemed just as shocked as we were. The clapping finally died down and the game started.

"I wanna go." I said turning around and starting to leave.

"Really? But we just got here?"

"You can stay, Lottie, but I really just wanna go home." I said continuing to go down the stairs.

"No, I'll go with you. Make sure you get home safe."

"You're not gonna wanna walk back alone once you get to my place. Stay here. I'm just letting you know I'm leaving."

I walked down the stairs as quickly as I could and out of the field into the parking lot.

"Dalia!" Dallas yelled. I ignored him and tried to walk faster. He caught up to me and walked in front of me. "Knock it off. What the hell is going on?" He asked.

"What the hell is going on? Are you kidding me? Figure it out like I had to do!" I screamed.

"How did he get that paper?" He asked.

"Some kids dad has connections! Marcus! Uhh... Marcus Cresno. His dad works for a newspaper company and he got the Oklahoma one and spread it around. Leave me alone!" I yelled walking past him.

"Like hell I will." He muttered. "What were you doing in Tulsa in the first place?"

"I was looking for you! Are you stupid?"

"Shut your trap! I mean why!"

"Because I'm sick of it here! I hate it here! Being called a murderer is fucked up enough! Being called a murderer of two is even worse! But now I realize all you care about it yourself! So get you and your damn friends outta here and I never wanna see you again!" I spit towards his feet and walked away.

I could tell Dallas was furious with how I responded but I didn't care. I hated him. I did. Fuck him.

Yeah...

Fuck him.

Maybe if I tell myself enough times that I hate him I'll believe it.

"Ok... change of subject... YOU AND DALLAS ARE SIBLINGS?" Ponyboy asked.

I grinned. "Unfortunately."

"Can you go two seconds without saying something shitty about me?" Dallas asked, clearly annoyed.

"Can you go two seconds without looking like a dick?" He didn't respond. "No? Hmm... I guess that answers your question too."

"But you guys don't even look alike." Johnny said.

"We have two parents." I said, keeping it vague still.

"And your name isn't Dee?" Steve asked.

"No, and if you call me that ever, you will end up with a black eye."

"Are you going home?" Dallas asked.

"Yes, I'm going home. Where else would I be heading?" I asked, dumbly.

He rolled his eyes.

As long as he's here, I'm gonna make his life as miserable as I possibly can.