70. Silence hurts more than Words...

Hello ! Welcome to part 70... 

Mallika arrived at the dorm to find Ritvik, Harsh, Shruti, Ishita, and Monika sitting in the hall. All eyes turned towards her, and they stood up, ready to ask questions. However, Mallika silently walked towards her room, closing the door behind her.

Inside, she threw her bag aside and collapsed onto her bed, burying her face in the pillow. Her thoughts were consumed by the events of the day. As she closed her eyes, exhaustion took over, same things again and again replayed in her mind, and amidst the restless tossing, sleep eventually overtook her offering a temporary escape from the turmoil of emotions.

Next day ;

The next morning, Mallika woke up early, her sleep troubled by a restless night. As she freshened up, she noticed Monika peacefully sleeping on the other bed. Deciding not to disturb her, Mallika left a note, reassuring her about the practice, and silently slipped out of the room.

In the hall, her eyes inadvertently caught sight of Sumedh's room, peculiarly locked from the outside. Mallika puzzled over it, realizing it was Saturday – a day when Sumedh wouldn't typically rise so early.

Then she opened her mobile to check the day and it was Saturday only... 

Mallika: "Aaj toh Saturday hi hai! Phir aaj kaise... itni jaldi kahan chala gaya? Call karti hun..."

As she opened her contacts to make the call, a sudden realization struck her.

Mallika (in her mind): "Ye main kya karne jaa rahi thi... Mai kyun use call karun? Uski marzi hai jab jaana hai, jahan jaana hai. Jaae, mujhe koi farak nahi padta hai!"

Her mind, subtly intervening: "Farak padta hai!"

Mallika, defensively: "Nahi padta!"

Her Mind: "Padta hai!"

Mallika: "Nahi padta!"

Her Mind: "Padta hai!"

Mallika: "Nahi padta!"

Her Mind: "Nahi padta?"

Mallika, reluctantly: "Padta hai!.... Huh! I... I mean nahi padta..."

Her Mind, with a smirk: "Dekha! Sach bahar aagya na... ab manlo padta hai, tabhi toh uski itni chinta hai ki phone kar rahi thi..."

Mallika, defensive again: "Mai use call nahi kar rahi thi..."

Her Mind, sarcastically: "Acha! Toh kise kar rahi thi?"

Mallika, improvising: "Woh... mummy ko..."

Her Mind, playfully: "Chalo chalo, zyada buda na banao mere paas bhi dimag hai... I mean mai hi dimag hun... Mujhse chalaki nahi chalegi..."

Mallika, with a firm stand, tried to justify her intent.

Mallika: "Main koi chalaki nahi kar rahi hun, main sach mein mummy ko call kar rahi thi..."

Her mind, teasingly: "Acha! Toh mummy kabse 'm' ke bajaye 's' mein save hone laga?"

Caught off guard, Mallika stumbled for an explanation.

Mallika: "Um... wo..."

Her mind, persistently: "Bolo bolo... Hai koi jawab?"

Mallika, admitting the truth: "Acha theek hai, maan leti hun ki maine use phone karne wali thi... Par kiya toh nahi na, or karungi bhi nahi. Abhi mujhe late ho raha hai, mujhe jaana hai practice karni hai..."

The internal dialogue concluded, and she proceeded towards the practice hall. 

While mallika walked in the corridor, she wondered where everyone was.