74. I Trust You!

Hello ! Welcome to part 74...

As Sohiba departed, Mallika sank into the couch, her thoughts consumed by the echoes of today's words. Her mother's advice resounded in her mind :-

'There are three steps to become a professional dancer : learn to dance , learn to perform and learn how to cope with your injuries.'

Monika, sensing Mallika's turmoil, offered reassurance. "Koi baat nahi, Mallika, isme tumhari koi galati nahi hai. Jo hona tha, woh hogaya."

She saw mallika removing the bandage from her leg... 

Monika, alarmed, tried to intervene, "Ye tum kya kar rahe ho? Pagal ho gayi ho kya! Dard badh jayega..."

Ignoring Monika's protests, Mallika continued, peeling away the layers until only a single bandage remained. 

With a sigh, Mallika gingerly placed her injured right leg on the floor, determined to defy the pain that lingered

With a sigh, Mallika gingerly placed her injured right leg on the floor, determined to defy the pain that lingered. As she attempted to stand, a hiss escaped her lips, and she instinctively bent, clutching her leg. Monika, concerned, moved to support her, but Mallika gestured for her to halt, silently signaling her resilience.

Undeterred, Mallika gradually applied pressure on her injured leg, straightening herself against the discomfort. Monika's eyes widened in disbelief, witnessing this feat, she watched in awe as Mallika stood tall.

"Mallika, tum toh..." Monika began, concern etched on her face. "Lekin dance kaise karogi, dard ho rha hoga na..."

In response, Mallika, with a serene determination, uttered, "Jab dance ki baari aati hai, toh saara dard door ho jata hai."

Undeterred, Monika questioned, "Par..."

Mallika interrupted with conviction, "Tum music play karo, abhi pata chal jaega aur ha, classical play karna!"

Monika, still skeptical, agreed to play the music. "Theek hai, par zyada zor mat dena," she cautioned before starting the music.

Mallika, with closed eyes, touched the floor in a namaskar, and as the melodies enveloped her, her feet tapped rhythmically. Every limb of her body moved gracefully, choreographed in perfect synchrony with the classical music.

Astonishment painted Monika's face as Mallika danced flawlessly. After five mesmerizing minutes, Monika paused the music, and Mallika, wearing a triumphant smile, opened her eyes.

"Mallika! Ye toh sach mein jaise magic hogya..." Monika exclaimed.

Mallika, still catching her breath, replied with conviction, "Maine kaha tha na ki dance hi mere dard ki dawa hai. And dance is not less than magic."

Overwhelmed with joy, Monika expressed, "Mai tere liye bahot khush hun. Ab tum dance kar paogi..."

A smile adorned Mallika's face, and Monika, filled with enthusiasm, urged, "Chalo jaldi se ready ho jao. Mai tumhari help karti hun, chalo..."