Part 6

The next day passed quickly, as I didn't have work and only one college essay due, which I finished in no time. Soon enough it was time for the party. My parents had told me that The guests would be arriving at around 7, so I made sure to be ready a little bit early just in case. I hate dresses, but as it was a formal party, I had to wear one. It was just a simple shortish black dress, that I had paired with a few of my rings and a minimalistic necklace. And for once, I had let my hair down. I looked in the mirror admiring how I looked, Ngl I looked hot. I wasn't one to wear makeup, I liked to keep my face natural. As I picked up my lipgloss I hear a knock at the door, "Olivia come and get the door please." I heard my dad shout from downstairs. "Coming." I quickly applied some lipgloss and made my way downstairs to the door. I opened it to find Lily stood there, fiddling with her hands. She must be slightly nervous. "Hey, come in." I said, smiling at her. "You alright? You look nervous."
"Yeah I'm fine, parties just aren't really my thing." She said,looking up at me and smiling.
"Here let me take that" I said, gently grabbing her shoulders and turning her around, so I could take her coat. I pulled it off, my hand lingering on her arm for a second. "You look beautiful by the way." I whispered from behind her,my hand still on her arm. She turned back around, her lower lip trapped slightly between her teeth, and an unrecognisable look in her eyes. "Thank you." She whispered back, our eyes never leaving each other's.

Our moment was interrupted when I heard coughing behind me. I turned around and saw Ryan stood there, wearing a suit. "Hi lily." He said, completely ignoring my existence.
"Hey baby." She said, her eyes briefly meeting with mine again before she smiled at me and walked off with Ryan.
Baby.
She was so sweet, he didn't deserve her. Usually I wouldn't have cared about Ryan's girlfriends, as they were all usually like him, but lily.. she wasn't. She was a nice girl, who didn't deserve to get used and hurt like that by him. And from what I had heard the other day, that's exactly what was happening.

All the guests had arrived by now, and I had been making polite introductions to everyone, but I was bored out of my mind. Ryan had invited his friends and was now somewhere in the house drunk, and my parents were talking with all their guests. I looked over to where Ryan was, he was taking a shot. I looked around his friends to try and find her, where is she? I looked around but there was no sign of her. I figured the only place she could be, is outside. I made my way to the back door, politely replying to guests when they greeted me. I opened the door to see her standing on the decking just outside the door, looking up at the stars.
"They're beautiful aren't they." I said, stepping out and closing the door behind me.
She turned around, slightly startled.
"Olivia, you scared me." She replied, laughing.
I stepped closer to her, laughing quietly.
"Sorry, didn't mean to. I was looking for you inside." I said, stepping closer again. "Why you out here?"
"Ryan and his friends got drunk, not really my environment." She replied sighing "he gets..."
"Violent, loud, rowdy..?" I finished the sentence for her.
"Yeah.." she looked down at the floor.
I stepped forward one more time, gently taking her hand In my own.
"You want to know something?" I whisper, looking into her eyes.
"Sure.." she says quietly, looking up at me, biting her lip again.
"I think you deserve better than him."
She looks away, and for a moment I think she's annoyed at me.
"Why?" She asks, avoiding my eyes.
"Because you deserve someone who will treat you right and appreciate you, unlike Ryan who seems like he doesn't care." We stood in silence for a moment before I felt rain drops on my head. "Oh shit." I said laughing as it started to rain heavily.
I looked down at Lily and we both started to laugh, we were soaked.
"Quick let's go." I said pulling her back inside, and through the party to my room.
"It's freezing" she laughed, looking at her wet hair in the mirror.
"Yeah it is." I replied, grabbing my pyjamas and a hoodie from my wardrobe.
"I'm going to get changed, my dress is soaked." I said,
"Okay."
I put my clothes on my bed and went back into my wardrobe, and pulled out another set and one of my other hoodies.
"Here, have these." I said, handing them to lily.
"Thank you."
I grabbed my clothes and walked out, heading to the bathroom to get changed.