Part 22

Olivia's pov

After lily had fallen asleep, I had briefly woken her up and told her I had to go. Since then, we'd been texting everyday, but hadn't seen each other, because of work and other things keeping us busy.

It was now Friday and I sat in bed, not listening to the virtual lecture on my laptop screen.
Kinda fancy a coffee rn, mind if I come visit? :)
I messaged Lily, knowing she was at work at the cafe just a few minutes away. A few minutes later my phone buzzed and a reply from her appeared.
You're sweet x
I have a break in 20 :)
I smiled at my phone, as my lecture ended. Closing my laptop and putting it back on my desk, I hurried into the bathroom to get ready.

After I showered and brushed my teeth, I got dressed, putting on a pair of light blue mom jeans and a white tee shirt. I put on my vans and grabbed my north face puffer.

It was slightly cold as I walked, but overall it was a pretty nice day for late October. Halloween was coming up and me and my friends were going to go to a Halloween party, and dress up. It's honestly one of the best times of the year.

I walked into The Cafe that lily worked at and spotted her behind the counter. She was serving an elderly man, smiling kindly and laughing at something he said. I smiled and made my way to the counter just as the old man left with his coffee.

I stood in front of the counter, inspecting the menu, thinking of what coffee I wanted.
"Good morning, what can I get for you today?"
Lily asked, a playful smile on her lips as she looked at me from the other side.
"I'm not sure, what do you recommend?" I asked, playing along, watching her think.
"I'd say the vanilla latte is probably my favourite." She said, looking at me again, through her glasses.
"Alright, well I'll have a vanilla latte then, thank you."
"No problem, just give me one minute to make that for you."

I stepped back, waiting for my coffee to be made, watching as lily fiddled with the machines and started to make my coffee.
After a minute, she came to where I was stood and passed me my latte, as I handed her the money. She glanced at it unsurely but sighed when I pushed it forward again, making sure she took it. I wouldn't except free coffees just yet, not until she's my actual girlfriend.
"My breaks in 2 minutes." She said, smiling one more time at me before serving the next customer.

I sat down at a table in the corner of the shop, sipping my latte slowly. Lily was right, the vanilla latte is good. I watched out the Windows's for a bit until I heard movement in front of me.
"Mind if I sit here?"
I looked up, expecting to see lily stood in front of me, but it wasn't. A girl stood there, not much older than me. She had Blonde hair, and was around the same height as lily.
"Oh erm, my friends actually about to sit there, sorry." I said, smiling politely at the girl in front of me.
"Oh that's okay." She said, stepping forward slightly, "you're cute tho, here's my number." She added, putting a piece of paper on to the table and walking away, giving me a wink before she left.

I looked down at the paper and opened it, the girls number was written, like she had said.
Usually I probably would have been kinda excited by this, but I didn't really care. Sure the girl was pretty, but she wasn't Lily.

"Hey." I looked up again and this time it was lily.
"Hey." I replied, smiling at her.
She took a seat in front of me and placed her own drink down.
"Who was that girl?" She asked, trying to play it off, but I could see she really wanted to know.
"I don't know." I answered, holding up the paper "she gave me her number though."
Lily looked disappointed before masking it again, "oh, that's cool."
"I guess, I'm not interested though."
Lily looked up from her coffee, and relief flashed in her eyes.
"At least, not in her anyways." I added, taking a sip of my drink.
I picked up the bit of paper again and slid it over the table to lily.
"Could you put that in the bin when you go back please." I asked as she picked it up and looked at it with a look of disgust.
"Definitely." She said, as she met my eyes.

"Was someone a little bit jealous?" I tease, smirking at her from across the table.
"What? No! I was just curious." She defended herself trying to hide the blush on her cheeks.
"Whatever you say." I muttered quietly, reaching over the table and putting my hand on hers.
"Okay maybe a bit." She said, looking down at our hands.
I laughed, she looked embarrassed at the fact she has been jealous.
"Well luckily for you." I said squeezing her hand " you're the only girl I want right now."
I watched as a wide smile appeared on her face, which she tried to hide but failed.

After another ten minutes of us talking and joking, Lily's break was over. I finished off my coffee and stood up, while she did the same.
"Thank you for coming I was getting pretty bored." She said, smiling at me.
"Anytime babe." I replied, my eyes going slightly wider when I realised what I said.
I looked at her to see a dark blush on her cheeks and her lower lip trapped beneath her teeth. "What're you doing tomorrow night?"
I asked, rubbing the back of my neck.
"Nothing, why?"
"Do You want to go on a date with me?"