Part 27

Olivia's pov

I smiled to myself as I lay on my bed, that was probably the best date I've ever had. I'm surprised I even got a date with a girl like her in the first place. I mean, she's perfect.
I'm going to ask her to be my girlfriend.

The next morning I woke up in a good mood.
I got up and got ready for the day, and then ate breakfast. It was around 12 o clock, and I can't see Ryan anywhere.
He's usually awake by now.
I poured my cereal and started eating, putting my spoon down when my phone buzzed.
Can you come over please x
I furrowed my eyebrows, we saw each other last night, does she really need me to come over right now?
Yeah, are you okay? X
I picked up my spoon and took another mouthful of cereal.
My parents aren't in, and Ryan's at my door x

I'll be there in five, don't open it x

Shit. I descarded my food and ran to grab my jacket and shoes. I put them on and bolted out the door, jumping on my bike as quick as possible. It only takes me around 5 minutes to get to Lily's on bike, so soon enough I'm putting my bike down, and walking to her front door, where I see Ryan standing.
"What're you doing here?" He asks, in an annoyed tone.
"Coming to see why you're here." I reply, standing next to him. "So?"
"If you must know, I'm here to get back with lily. She still loves me, and I still love her." I scoffed, and rolled my eyes.
"I wouldn't be too sure about that."
"Why? She told me yesterday."
"Oh did she now?" I'd ask her about that later but I don't believe it's true.

The door opens and lily stands there, looking scared. "Lily.. baby." Ryan says, trying to grab her waist, but she moves back and doesn't let him.
"No Ryan, what do you not get about 'we're done'?"
"You love me." He says, in a definite cocky voice.
"No I don't, and you also most definitely don't love me. So please go away and leave me alone."
"No." He says stepping forward.
"Ryan, she said leave. So leave." I say grabbing his shoulder. He turns around to face me, an angry look on his face.
"She's my girlfriend,I don't have to leave." He says, folding his arms.
I clench my jaw.
"Well in that case then, I fucked your girlfriend last night."
He stares at me with anger and disbelief. I'm not sure why, as she isnt actually his girlfriend but sure.
"You did what?" He says stepping towards me.
"I had sex with your girlfriend."

He's had enough, and hits me. At the side of my face, just underneath my eye. I stumble backwards, my hand instinctively moving to my face.
"Shit, Olivia." I hear her voice and I look up to see her stepping out of the house.
"Im okay, Lily." I pull my hand away from my face and it's covered in blood, his ring must have caught on me. "Stay there."
She hesitates but stops, standing just outside the door, her face full of worry.
I wipe the blood with my hand and scoff, running my tongue across my cheek. Something I have a habit of doing when I lose my temper.
"Surely you can hit harder then that?"
I know I'm testing things, but when he hit me I lost all the self restraint I've been using for the past year, and now I just don't care.
Ryan tenses his jaw and takes a few steps towards me. "I reckon Lily could get more power than that." I say with a smirk, and he loses his momentary calmness and punches me. I feel my lip stinging, and the taste of blood fills my mouth, as Ryan stands there looking impressed with himself.
"I give that one, maybe a six out of ten."
This time, before he can go to hit me again, I grab his shoulders pulling him down and kneeing him in the balls. Really fucking hard.
He groans and stumbles backwards, doubling over himself. I wipe my lip before following after him, and grabbing his shirt, pulling him up before punching him.
He whimpers, and it annoys me, so I do it again.
I can taste the blood in my mouth, as I pull him up again, bringing him closer.
"Leave Lily alone, you even try to fucking speak to her and I will do a lot worse than I've already done, understand?"
He murmurs in agreement and I shove him, causing him to stumble.
"Leave." I say, as he grunts and walks off.
I watch him walk away, my jaw clenched and fists squeezed together, until I felt a hand on my shoulder.
"Olivia.." Her Hand rubbed my shoulder comfortingly, but I couldn't turn around. I felt ashamed. It felt so unlike me to fight like that, especially in front of Lily. I didn't want her seeing me like that.
"Liv.." My whole body relaxed as I heard her speak, her voice soft as she slid her arm around me, resting her head on the back of my shoulder. I melted into her touch, calming down almost instantly.
"I'm sorry." It was all I could manage to say.
"It's okay, you don't need to be sorry."
I felt her hand move from my shoulder and slide down my arm to my hand, and I let myself be led into her house.

I sat on her kitchen counter, while she dabbed my face with an antiseptic wipe, tensing my jaw at the sting when it comes into contact with the cut.
"I know baby." She places a hand on my leg and squeezes it, trying to comfort me.
I can take a punch or two, but it doesn't mean they don't hurt.
"Have I just fucked things up?" I ask quietly "that can't have been nice to see."
She pauses, stopping with whatever kind of medical thing she's using on my face now.
"Of course not, Liv. You just just got hit in the face multiple times and had a fight with a fully grown man because of me. The only reason I didn't like seeing that was because you got hurt, not because of anything else. I like that you would do that for me, makes me feel safe."
"You aren't like put off now..?"
"No, god no. If anything I'm more into you now."
I smile, but wince as my lip suddenly stings, "fuck me that hurts."

"All done."
I raise my hand up to my face and feel the large plaster that has been put over the top of the cut, the ice that has been pressed against my lip for the past fifteen minutes leaving them cold.
"Thank you." I say, as she stands in between my legs hands either side of me.
"Don't thank me please, it's the least I can do considering I dragged you into it."
"Id do it again you know.." I say "Anything like this I swear I'll be there."
She lifts her hands up, and I feel them gently holding the sides of my face as she brings my face down and kisses me. Any doubts about what just happened disappear as I feel her lips softly kissing mine, being careful not to put too much pressure on the cut at the side of my lip.
She pulls away and rests her head against mine
"I know you will, liv. That's why I feel so safe with you."

We ended up going into her room and watching a film. I sat with my arm around her shoulders and my other hand holding hers, running my thumb over the back of it.
I pause the movie and turn to her.
" do you want to be my girlfriend?" I ask, "I was going to do it more romantic then this but I just feel like now is a good time to ask."
She smiles and sits up, my arm flopping back onto the bed.
"Yes!"She says as she kneels on the bed in front of me.
"Really?" I ask, sitting up slightly and pulling her face down with my hand.
She leans in the extra distance quite quickly, connecting our lips in a short sweet kiss, concern on her face as I flinch at the small amount of pain.
"Is that a yes?" I ask, a smile playing on my bruised lips.
"100%." She whispers as she connects our lips again.

Sitting there, with my cut and bruised face I had never felt more happy.