Ch. 38: Camp Fam Forever

Another long story cut short, Yasmina explained the situation, and how Darius and Sammy, still with the evil dinosaur hunter people, were planning on leading them to the main park to try and keep them away from the dinosaurs at the watering hole.

To try and get to them, the group tried using the underground tunnel system to get to the park to help them. Unfortunately, though, there were too many dead ends that kept us away from them.

But luck came back when we found a computer lab, monitors and consuls set up in a small room that was only filled with logos of Jurassic World. Leaving Bumpy waiting outside the door, as she was too big to fit, we all worked on getting the park systems back up and running so we could find our friends.

We did, getting the power all throughout the park turned back on, which is what brought us to this moment: Yasmina and Brooklyn pressing buttons, everyone else searching the monitors (showing video footage from cameras situated around the park) boarded on the wall for our friends.

Suddenly, I spotted them.

"Wait, look! There they are!"

The girls stopped scrolling through the cameras and gasped.

"We can see you!"

"Yes!"

Everyone cheered, watching our friends run up to an abandoned building and try pounding on the doors. They were jammed, though, leaving their frantic efforts useless.

Suddenly, on the other monitor, Tiff and Mitch, holding shocker canes, came into view. Brooklyn gasped and whispered a fearful 'oh, no'.

She ducked down and tried calling for our friends, who's backs were turned so they couldn't see the duo, but the mic she yelled through didn't seem to do anything. We all tried shouting, but nothing worked.

"They can't hear us."

We watched in horror as our friends backed away in fear from the two. Words were said that we couldn't hear, making us realize both ends of the sound projector weren't working.

We couldn't hear them, they couldn't hear us.

Crud.

"Where's that damn speaker button?"

"Wave if you can hear us!"

Nothing. Every button pressed did nothing but waste time.

They were going to kill dinosaurs, they were going to hurt our friends.

The situation wouldn't get better.

When we all spotted the familiar large figure of the Tyrannosaurus Rex stalking towards the park doors, tears started filling my eyes. Sammy and Darius stood right in front of the doors, making them the main target of the Dino.

As the Rex stomped ever nearer, eventually gaining their attention, I started yelling at the screens.

"Run, Darius! Sammy, guys! Guys, run! Run, damn it!"

They just stood there, letting themselves get closer to being eaten. The thought of having to watch Sammy and Darius get chomped as those workers had made my stomach queasy and my chest sore.

Darius. I thought while on the brink of screaming. Don't die, please don't die! I can't lose you, I can't...

With barely enough distance between them and Rex, the two regained their senses and started running, making me let out a relieved cry. Ben looked over but I ignored him, too happy to care now that Mitch and Tiff had become the new targets of the monster.

The beast chased both adults around while Sammy and Darius bolted for the exit, only for a table to be thrown that tripped Sammy and made her drop the pack of guns that had been strapped over her shoulder. Darius helped her up and grabbed the bag, but was to slow as Mitch grabbed onto the other side and the two started playing a deadly game of tug-o-war.