Ch. 69: New Territory

A/N: So...um...I'd just like to warn you guys ahead of time that this turned out A LOT angstier of a chapter than I'd originally intended...oops. Lol.

It's pretty deep, and I almost actually scrapped most of it. But then I decided not to because I worked for way too long writing this, and I didn't want to just erase all of it.

So, uh...be warned ig?

Again, I DID NOT intend to make it as angsty as I did!

Also...unedited. 😬

I woke up, but the sensation wasn't exactly pleasant.

The feeling of my body and control came rather fast, but so did the feeling of sore and stiffness. My eyes opened at first to nothing but blurry shades of blue, grey, and black. With a pained groan, I force myself up onto my elbows, feeling the familiar texture of sand wrapping up my skin. I stay there for a second, on hands and knees, trying to fend off the nausea and force back the pain.

I eventually find it easier to stand, and as I do so, I hear everyone else around me coughing and moving as well.

"Is...Is everyone okay?" I hear Darius ask. I look over at Ben, who's pushing himself up but failing poorly. I grab his arm and pull him until he is on his feet. He wobbles, though, so I wrap his arm around my shoulders to keep him steady.

"We...are something," I reply with a scratchy voice. Water must've gotten into my lungs. How none of us had drowned, I had no idea.

"Okay," Sammy says where she kneels next to Yaz. "Now, this has to be a dream."

Looking around at the island we'd found ourselves crashed on, I notice the terrain was much different than that of Isla Nublar. The beach here was full of more sand than that of the dinosaur island. In fact, I actually wasn't quite sure there was really a beach at all there.

The storm clouds and raging waves weren't going it any favors, though.

"This doesn't look like Costa Rica."

Lightning cackled and a chill breeze flew through the air. We all held ourselves and shivered roughly at the sudden gust. Darius comes up to me and silently ask if I'm okay, to which I nod. He then turns to Ben, who is now relying less on my hold, but still seems a little nauseated. I can't blame him.

"Maybe we could take shelter in there," my brother says. He gestures up a nearby hill, where a mountainous cave sits at the top.

Darius and I share a look, and I shrug.

"It's better than staying out here."

He nods. "Alright. Let's go, guys."

The hill is steep, but not too difficult of a climb. Just a few minutes and we're at the mouth of the very dark, and very mysterious cave. Another breeze shot by us and I once again shook at the pin pricks lifting my hairs.

"Maybe we shouldn't go in there," Sammy said fretfully. She clings to Yasmina's arm.

"Can't be worse than where we've been."

"Only one way to find out."

I cling to Ben as we enter the cave, and are almost immediately shrouded in darkness. Ben's shoulders tense up, and I can hear each and every camper's breaths hitch in sync. The little light we had from before disappears behind us, but it's not long before more light emerges from somewhere in the distance.

The end of the cave.

"Uh, is it just me, or does it look a lot brighter outside than thirty seconds ago?"