PROLOGUE

Cora sat on her bed and watched the hand on the clock tick forward. She felt furious. She had been too carefree. Alice and her idiotic friends had almost been close to finding out her weakness. The weakness which compelled her to nurture Alice.

Cora always wondered how could Alice, an annoying and crack-headed girl, be the key to her unlimited powers. The key to end her only weakness. How was Alice so powerful? Cora knew Alice's powers were all due to her, but what bothered her was how had she inherited so much.

Perhaps it was the fact that her father had a golden heart. Nonetheless, she had no affection for either one. All Cora wanted was to stay young and powerful forever. Once she had Alice's powers she was unbeatable. All she had to do now was wait for that damn locket's powers to fade.

With a sigh, Cora got up and slowly walked closer to the clock, not removing her eyes from it for even a second. After that egoistic witch had almost found out her source of power, Cora had made sure to correct her mistake. All of Cora's anger now changed to pride. She smiled wickedly as she stared at the clock.

Even if by some miracle Alice remembers her past life and tries to kill her mother, Cora had her daughter's strings in her hand. A trump card that Cora knew when she would throw, Alice would have no choice but to give in.

To defeat Cora, her daughter had to destroy her power source, and how could she do that when Cora's powers were now stored in someone Alice loved?