CHAPTER 39-MIRACLE

Alice had a lot of experiences in her life. Being the only girl to have a ghost squad, setting a cursed boy free, finding out how psychotic her birth mother is, having her memories erased, losing her friends, watching the journey of an anti-social witch grow out of her shell, to being a mother of three kids. She had thought nothing could shake her anymore. 

Seeing Tristan standing in front of her, in flesh and blood, Alice was shaken. She took a step forward cautiously, fearing he might disappear. Everything around her ceased to exist. All she could see was a friend she had lost.

"Tristan!" Alice said, making herself believe that he was really next to her. 

Tristan stood before her, looking amazed. Alice reached out to touch him. Her hand touched his shoulder. He did not vanish as she had feared. She broke into a smile and went in for a hug, before realizing she couldn't hug him that way. At least, not given her current situation.

"Careful, Mama Vincent!" Tristan said.

Tears started flowing from her eyes. It had been so long since he had called her by her last name. "I....," Alice broke off.

"Let me help you," Tristan offered and hugged her from the side. Alice closed her eyes, finally coming to terms with the fact that he was really there.

"Damn Vincent, look at you," Tristan said. "You're going to be a mother!"

Alice broke the hug and wiped her tears. "I'm going to be a mother, again!" She informed.

Tristan's mouth hung open. "No way!"

Alice laughed. She looked towards the kids who had all decided to join little Tristan, who was staring with his mouth wide open. Alice gestured for the kids to come forward.

Only Mike stood where he was, still staring. He had gone on his mother and took time to adapt to strangers. A lot of time.

Tristan looked at the small boy and girl standing in front of him. "They're a copy of Knave," He observed. "That's not good news!" Alice heard Knave snort. Tristan looked at Alice. "What's their names?"

"Tristan and Maria." She introduced.

"You named your son after me?" Tristan asked, sounding incredulous. "And Knave allowed it?" Alice shrugged. Tristan looked at Knave. "You've changed too, man!"

"I'm still incredibly handsome though." Knave replied.

"I take my words back, you're still the same!" Tristan said. Then he went down on his knees to talk with the kids. "Hi, I am Tristan," He introduced, raising his hand for a handshake.

"You're mommy's friend," Young Tristan replied, shaking his hand.

"Mommy told us stories!" Maria cheerfully shouted.

"About me?" Tristan asked. Both kids nodded vigorously. Tristan looked up at Alice. "You did so much for me?"

Alice could not believe her ears. "You're saying this?" She demanded. "After doing what you did, do you really think I would easily forget you?"

"Speaking of," Mendaline chimed in. "Kids, why don't you go play outside and let us adults talk boring stuff?"

Mike did not need to be told twice. He dashed out the door before his mother could even complete her sentence. Tristan and Maria stood there, thinking.

"Will we see you again, Uncle Tristan?" Little Tristan asked.

Tristan hugged the boy. "Of course," He replied. "I will join you as soon as I catch up with some stuff with your mommy, okay?"