CHAPTER 1-LUNA

Knave and the others stood outside a blue gate, staring at what Maria said would be Luna's house. He was quite surprised to find a few more houses down the block. He had thought a witch as powerful as Luna would have chosen to remain isolated, but Maria did tell them that she had lost her powers. Maybe it made no difference to her. Whatever the reason, Knave was glad that he was finally here after three long, torturous months.

As soon as Maria had broken the news about Luna, Knave insisted on leaving as soon as possible. However, Maria had stopped them, informing them that Luna was not ready to see them just yet.

Knave had wanted to shake her and scream. Instead, he had forced his hands down at his sides and reminded, "Alice doesn't have much time!"

"I know!" Maria had replied. "But Luna is powerless now. She needs time to regain her strength." She had informed them.

"Why?" Charlie had demanded. "Did she run a marathon, that she needs rest?"

"Most of her powers were used up while making the locket." Maria had replied, looking down.

That had shut everyone's mouth and the argument had died down, until after three long months of suffering in hell, Maria had informed them that Luna was finally ready to meet them. Which Knave had interpreted as that she was finally useful.

Knave looked at Maria now. She was floating next to him, looking worriedly towards Mike, who was doing a great job at ignoring her.

Charlie and Mendaline were a few feet away from them. Both were looking frantic, which was a reminder for Knave that they would remain looking that way if they did not get to Alice fast.

'Alice!' The pain came crashing again as Knave thought of her.

Knave had insisted on seeing Alice as soon as he had regained his bearings. "I was unconscious for two days and who knows what must've happened during that time!" He had shouted.

"Trust me, Knave, she is doing fine." Mike had protested.

"That is great news, but I would like to see so myself!" He had replied. Mike and Charlie had exchanged worried looks.

"Fine, I will take you!" Charlie had said, somewhat in defeat.

"Can I come with?" Maria had slowly asked.

"ABSOLUTELY NOT!" They had all replied in unison.

Maria had given a small nod. "I understand!" Was all she had said in response.

"I will be here with Maria." Mendaline had assured. "You two go with Knave, he might need you." She had added, looking towards the twins.

Knave had looked at her confusingly, wondering why they all looked as if they were trying to protect him from something. A few minutes later, he had found out what. They were trying to keep his heart from breaking.

At first, all he had seen was Alice. There she was standing by the window, lost in thoughts. She had looked so small and fragile that it had taken all Knave had to stop himself from running towards her and pulling her into a hug.

Nevertheless, Knave had passed through the walls, into her room. The twins were right beside him. Knave had stood a few feet away from her, trying to take her in. His heart had been thumping. She had looked well and healthy, and yet so lost and confused.

Suddenly Alice had turned, and that was the moment he saw him.

"That is Tristan," Charlie had said. Knave had understood from the look Charlie had on his face that he was not going to like him, and he had been right. Alice had given Tristan a smile as bright as the sun, and Knave had felt as if he had been punched.