CHAPTER 18- FIRE

Mendaline was aware of Luna staring at her. She liked her, but sometimes the girl got on her nerves. Not only had the idiot ignored Mendaline's warnings of using her powers, but she had also broken their promise of never trying to meet her. Other than that, she was happy to see Luna.

Besides, the people Mendaline had been protecting were already under a curse. She did not think any more harm could come to them. Cora had gotten her revenge.

Mendaline supposed she should've warned Luna off the day Maria had informed them that she was the witch who had created the golden locket, but if Luna was ready to risk her life, who was Mendaline to stop her?

'Her only guardian!' The voice in her head reminded her.

Mendaline's eyes filled with tears, as she remembered the girl's words all those years ago.

"But you're all I have!"

That time, Mendaline had no option but to let her go. Not only to protect Mason and Lorine, but also to protect Luna. Did she have to let her go now?

Mendaline remembered the first time she had seen Luna. A young girl tied to her bed, wearing a dress so torn and filthy, that Mendaline could not guess what colour it had been. The dress had hung loosely on her skeletal figure. She had looked as if her life had been sucked out of her. Her eyes had been blood red. Her lips chapped. Her skin had felt like rough paper. Mendaline had instantly been reminded of Mr and Mrs Skywalker. The couple who had once owned her. The people to whom her father had ruthlessly sold her to.

Mendaline turned to look at Luna now, but she was gone. Though, she got her answer. Luna was more than capable of handling herself. She did not need anyone to protect her anymore. Mendaline wiped her tears. Circumstances could make the softest of people unbreakable.

Unable to sleep anymore, Mendaline got up and looked around. She knew Mike and Maria were together, but where was Charlie? She smacked herself. She was not missing him, was she? She was really going crazy. She had to get these people out of her life as soon as possible.

Mendaline stood up, making her way to her fire. She passed Knave along the way, and stopped dead in her tracks. She stared at him for quite long, before breaking into a smile. He looked so cute when his mouth was shut and he wasn't grinning.

Mendaline knelt beside him. For the first time, he had admitted to her how he was feeling. He deserved to be rewarded.

Mendaline produced a small folding knife. She smirked. The perks of being a witch. She numbed herself, then cut a small line on her palm till she was bleeding. Next, she put Knave in a deep sleep because she knew he would kill her if he found out what she did. She looked around. Alice and Tristan were fast asleep, making her job much easier.

She opened Knave's mouth and poured some of her blood, making him swallow. He did not even so much as move. Then, she healed her palm and removed him from his deep slumber state. The idiot stirred now.

Mendaline stood up, fighting a wave of dizziness and blackouts. The pain of sharing her powers. She shook her head, and finally made her way to her fire.

Mike and Maria arrived in the cave almost around sunrise, hand in hand. As soon as they spotted Mendaline, they shook each other's hands off, as if they had suddenly grown dirty.

Mendaline gave a grin. "Wow! What happened here?" She teased, wiggling her eyebrows. Mike and Maria reddened like tomatoes. Mendaline glanced behind them. "Where is Charlie?" She asked. Now she was getting concerned. Mike narrowed his eyes at her.

GHOST SQUADजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें