CHAPTER 4- CRAZY

"Alice?"

Alice gave a start and bolted for the lamp on the side of her bed. As her eyes adjusted to the light, she saw a boy. Not just any boy, she realized he was the same boy from her dreams.

Alice immediately got out of bed, suddenly self-conscious of her grey night suit. Which was crazy since she was supposed to be screaming her head off. For all she knew, the boy could be a rapist or a serial killer. For some bizarre reason though, she fully trusted him. She was crazy, she decided.

Alice said nothing as the boy grew closer. As he did, she felt her pulse beat faster. The boy was really handsome she thought in some small part of her mind. The part that was not in conflict on whether to scream or not. 

The boy smiled. Alice felt as if her heart would rip out. "You are not screaming." He observed. Alice closed her eyes, drowning herself in the sound of his voice. She felt as if she had been dying to hear that voice. 

"That is a good sign!" The boy continued.

Instinctively, Alice whispered, "Knave!" She felt like smacking herself. What was happening to her? She opened her eyes, only to see the boy look stunned.

"You remember my name?" He asked in disbelief.

Alice looked at him in horror. "You are Knave?" She whispered, almost to herself. She looked at the boy pleadingly. "Who are you?" She cried. "Why do I see you in my dreams every single time?"

Knave smiled. "I was right!" He exclaimed.

Alice looked at him confusingly. "About what?" 

Knave looked at her intensely. "You do love me!"

Alice was taken aback. "What?" 

"Alice, listen to me..," He broke off, as someone opened her bedroom window and fell inside with a thump.

"Damn Vincent! Climbing windows is much harder than it looks like in movies." Said Tristan, in a strangled voice.

"How can one guy be so annoying?" Knave mused.

Immediately, Tristan got to his feet. "WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?" He shouted, looking at Knave in  anger.

"Shhhh! Tristan, you will wake mama up." Alice chided.

"Luna never said her powers worked on normal people." Knave said rhetorically.

"Who is Luna?" Asked Alice in anger. Why was she angry when he said a girl's name anyway?

"Powers?" Echoed Tristan in horror. "Dude, you're the one who seems abnormal to me!" He said, coming to stand in front of Alice, trying to shield her from the other boy.

Knave shook his head in what seemed like frustration. He rose on his tiptoes, trying to reach Alice. "Alice, I do not have much time but...,"

"Can someone explain what the heck is going on?" Shouted Tristan, cutting him off. Knave looked like he was about to kill him.

Tristan turned to look at Alice. "You know this guy?" He asked, indicating Knave with a hand.

Alice looked at him worriedly. "Yes and no!" She replied. "Tristan, I will explain everything as soon as I know myself, okay?" She said, coming to stand beside him. She indicated Knave to proceed. "Go on!" 

Knave nodded. "Alice, you have lost your memories because Cora..,"

"Who?" Asked Alice. The name itself made her feel angry.

Knave licked his lips. "Cora is your....," Suddenly, he vanished.

"KNAVE?" Shouted Alice.