what you're missing pt. 2 ^

- the aggressively postponed pt. 2 !!
- sorry for the wait
- TW (depression)
- cringe warning lol
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

y/n's pov

i sat in my room feeling absolutely empty after he left. i didn't understand his appeal to her. why was it always her over me ? i had so much more to offer. he hadn't texted me or called and i didn't expect him to because i told him to stop coming back and giving me hope.

but part of me expected him to turn around halfway down my driveway, and change his mind. i was so deep inside of my mind everything else faded out. *ding* my phone rang snapping me out of my head. i turned to see my ex best friends name on my phone.

what the fuck could she possibly be saying to me right now. i picked up my phone and read the message. "hey how are you?" i scoffed. why the fuck was she asking me how i was ? i replied sarcastically, saying i was doing just fantastic. she kept going with the small talk and then dropped the long awaited bomb on me. "i have to tell you something."

it felt like my organs collectively fell downwards and out of my body. my heart burned. "just say it." i replied.

~backstory~

i had been talking to vinnie for about three weeks and then decided to tell my best friend. the thing was, i only told her we were talking in hopes that would get her to stay away from him. it made me uncomfortable when she spoke to him because he had feelings for her too. he had had feelings for her longer than he did for me, which made me even more uncomfortable. she didn't respect my boundaries though, because everything always had to be about her. i was never allowed to be happy without punishment from her.

when i told her i knew something was off, but i stupidly decided to ignore it because i didn't want to believe that my best friend, the person i loved the most, would betray me in such a foul way. so i continued to stupidly let vinnie drag me along, knowing they were most likely talking behind my back. i was never oblivious enough to completely not know what she was doing behind my back. she sucked so horribly at hiding it. i knew the whole time.

~present moment~

"you're not gonna wanna be friends with me anymore after i tell you." i began to laugh, not knowing what else to do. she really thought i didn't know. she really thought i was gullible enough to let this giant back stabbing move slide past me. i knew what was coming and i didn't want to hear it because i had been avoiding it. i had been pushing down my theories because i wanted to keep her in my life.

she was definitely on her last chance before i'd cut her off for good, and she clearly decided to go out with a bang.

she had fucked me over so many times and i kept forgiving her, making excuses for her, and loving her anyways. she never deserved the love i willingly provided her, getting nothing in return.

the universe had been trying to get me to push her out of my life with so many things, but i refused. the universe knew that this was the one thing she could do, that i wouldn't be able to get over, or forgive her for. i had to learn the hard way. as always.

tears began to pour down my cheeks and my body was trembling. "i'm not fucking stupid." i replied. she seemed taken aback by my response because she started typing, stopped, and then started again. "i know you're not." if she knew, then why was she talking to me as if i had no clue what she had been doing behind my back. "me and him have been talking more recently. i'm sorry but i really do like him."

that was the difference. she liked him, i loved him. i'd get down on my hands and knees and beg him to love me. i'd beg him to let me hold him. she just wanted something pretty to look at, a trophy to hold that said 'look what i have that you don't'. i sobbed and watched paragraphs after paragraphs be sent. reading through all her bullshit, watching the monster in her emerge.