Ch. 2. pt. 1

It's been 18 years...

The sun shone brightly on an early spring morning. Herds of Wingulls flapped their wings as they flew across the deep-blue waters on the outskirts of Sootopolis city. A city built from the crater of a meteorite that crash-landed there all those years ago. Pokémon deep in the sea stretched their bodies and enjoyed the nice warm feeling of the sun.

In the outskirts of the city, a small remote island stood close. Filled with grassy plains, trees with fruits or berries waiting to be harvested; it was a perfect place for life to thrive. A herd of Tauros ran across the grassy plains with Taillows flying alongside them and then passing by a fence where other Pokémon were also enjoying the early morning. As they ran by the long fence, they passed by a big sign saying:

"Pokélife Sanctuary."

~~~~

"Zzzzz..Hmnm..."

In a dark room, a familiar girl was sleeping soundly, tired from whatever work she had last night.

*Jingle... jiggle... click!*

The door of her room opened, revealing a Corviknight and the girl's partner pokemon, Lucario, who has a Torchic on his head. "Craw, Coraaw." The Corvinight quietly cawed as she pointed towards the girl, as if saying to Lucario and Torchic to wake her up. The Lucario obliged and walked towards the girl. 

"Raa, roa ra..." The fighting type Pokémon shook his trainer to try and wake her up but to no avail, the girl was in a very deep sleep.

The steel bird then walked towards the window which was right in front of the girl and used its wings to open the curtains, letting the bright light enter the room. The girl groaned in annoyance to the light suddenly hitting her face, she instantly covered herself with her blanket. 

"Chi!" The Torchic leaped off of Lucario's head and then used her beak to peck the girl...

*PCK!*

...hard.

"AGH! I'm up! I'm up!!"

The girl wailed in pain as the Torchic continues to peck her, showing no signs of stopping. The girl scrambled off of her bed and hit the carpeted floor. She struggled to sit up straight due to the blanket entangling her and after 30 seconds later, she managed to sit up straight and took off the blanket on top of her, revealing her messy black hair and tired blue eyes.

She had to shield herself from the bright light in front her, it took her a moment to get used of it. She looked around her and saw her partner Pokémon, Lucario, and her late mom's Corviknight. Both Pokémon seemed a bit distressed seeing the girl fell on the floor.

Seeing the Pokémon who are dear to her in her room while she was asleep, she assumed that she must've overslept or she didn't lock her door last night. But seeing how her curtains are already opened and that they had to hit her hard to wake her up, it seemed that she has in fact overslept. "Ahaha... I overslept, didn't I? Sorry 'bout that." Lynelle rubbed her neck sheepishly at the two Pokémon.

"Tor chi!"

She looked down on her lap to see a Torchic with sparkling eyes, happy to see her awake. Lynelle couldn't help but smile at the little chick Pokémon because... how can one not? It's adorable!

Then again, this happens to her all the time at the Pokélife sanctuary.

"Thanks for waking me up, you little rascal." Lynelle laughs a she pets the Torchic, which it happily leaned on her hand for more. "Thank you as well, Corvi, Lucario. Also, sorry for missing out our daily run." The Steel bird Pokémon nodded happily as a response while her partner Pokémon just waved her off, letting her know that he's okay with it. Lynelle smiled happily at the three Pokémon in front of her, she stood up from the floor and felt the warm light hit her.