A Quick Visit

“Hey Mum, Dad. It’s been a long time since I last visited you two.”

“I think the last time was when I went to Kalos, which was two years ago…”

“Time flies doesn’t it?”

“…”

“Y'know? I went on a trip to Galar. I’ve got to say, everything was really beautiful there. I understood why Lance said that you guys loved Galar with all of your being. The landscapes, food, Pokémon, and people were really something…”

“Oh! Speaking of people, Sonia and I manage to reconnect with each other. Boy, she’s still as bubbly as the last time I saw her when we moved out of Postwick.”

“She introduced me to her friends and they were very awesome people. Nessa’s both a Gym Leader and a model, who’s really passionate to her work and kind towards others. Raihan is also a Gym Leader and a bit of a wild one, but you’d be surprised at how considerate he is. And Leon… well… I don’t think I’ll stop talking about how amazing he is.”

“Leon’s a really great person. He helped me realize some things, got me to force me out of my comfort zone, he’s really relatable as well as being a strong and talented trainer. He’s such a kind person, you’d love him the second you meet him.”

“…”

“Lance is doing quite fine, he’s still as hardworking as ever. The same goes for me, but I think I’ve been working too hard hehe.”

“…"

“…Also, I’m sorry that… it took me this long to finally… got through it. Y’know, your passing… I’m glad that Lance force me… well, convinced me to go to Galar. If I hadn’t, well… who knows what would happen… we definitely know it won’t be pretty if I couldn’t take it anymore… and broke down crying.”

“… Well… I’m past it now, and I promise that it won’t happen again.”

“…”

“I’m going back to Galar now. I’m going to enter the Gym Challenge and… see what’s it like, see what I missed. Just the thought of it makes my heart beat faster and I’ve barely kept my composure since yesterday Hahahaha! ”

“So… please watch over me…”

Lynelle placed two bouquet of roses on each of her parents gravestone. It has been a while since she visited them. Their graves next to one another, their last will.

Tears were forming in her eyes, she couldn’t help but miss their presence. She missed the happy memories they had, the knowledge they shared with her and her brother, and how passionate they were with their work.

If she was granted one wish, she would ask to bring her parents back to life.

“Lyn’? They’re ready to go.”

Lynelle turned to face her brother and her Lucario who was next to him. Behind them were the three Pokémon she caught in Galar.

All three of them agreed to come along with her Gym Challenge journey. Both Kirlia and Growlithe were eager to do so but Duraludon was a bit reluctant, given her past relationship with her past owner. Lynelle didn’t force her to come but the Steel-dragon-type was willing to partake in her journey, perhaps because of a certain silver-haired Champion, she was more than willing to go back to Galar.

The Pokémon’s reason made her laugh the first time she heard about it.

Lynelle stood up and followed behind her brother, not before looking back at their parents’s graves and muttered one last thing.

"Wish me luck…”