Unexpected Dynamaxing

Two days have passed since the opening ceremony, And Lynelle decided it would be perfect to use the time to train Kirlia and Growlithe in the wild area. But the former wasn’t taking the training seriously.

“Kirlia! Don’t run off too far now!”

“Kiyaa~!”

Kirlia roamed around the area where they were temporarily live. The way the young psychic-fairy“… Honestly… just how much energy does that young lady have?” Lynelle sighed in annoyance. She knew it would be difficult to train a Pokémon like Kirlia, in terms of its nature. Part of her wanted to teach Kirlia on taking the training seriously, but part of her wanted Kirlia to live her life to the fullest.

“Growlithe, keep an eye on Kirlia for me. Please.” Without hesitation, her Growlithe barked in response and ran towards the psychic-fairy type. It didn’t take long for the two to start playing tag. Lynelle turned towards her two other Pokémon. With bodies of steel, training on improving their defense and firmness was a must for both of them.

“Ragh!”

“Drrr…!”

Lucario launched a flurry of attacks towards Duraludon, the latter putting her arms in defensive mode. Despite Lucarios’s fast and strong attacks, Duraludon stood her ground and endured all incoming attacks. Lynelle had to admit, she was impressed of the Pokémon's strength and endurance despite having a timid nature.

“Alright. Take a break, you two.” Lynelle called out to the two, who acknowledged her presence. Lucario went towards her, but Duraludon didn’t move an inch. It didn’t take long before Lynelle saw her visibly shaking. Lucario’s attacks seem to have sent shock waves within Duraludon’s body. “Ahh… It…it would take a while for the feeling to die down… Dial down the attacks next time, Lu.” Lucario nodded at his trainers order.

“Look at you working hard.”

The ravenette’s eyes widen. The voice was too familiar. She looked behind her and saw the one and only undefeated Champion, Leon.

His presence was unexpected, yet it didn’t stop the wide smile forming on Lynelle’s face when she saw her friend. “Leon! I didn’t expect you here.” She smiled wide. She greeted his Charizard who happened to be by his side.

“Didn’t expect to see you here either. I swear we keep running into each other, not that I wouldn’t mind.” He chuckled. It was something he realized himself recently, but was too shy to admit it.

Lynelle took a quick glace on his whole outfit. He was wearing a green tracksuit. “Hm… were you training here?” She asked and Leon hummed in response. “Uh-huh! We were going to go home but Charizard happen to see you and went straight to towards you. It was like skydiving, that rascal.”

Just on cue, Charizard slumped his head onto Lynelle’s shoulders. The feeling was warm and scaly, but that didn’t stop Lynelle from giving the him a scratch. “Awww~! You missed me, bud?” Lynelle kept going, scratching his head as if there’s no tomorrow.

The fire-flying type himself leaned into the ravenette’s touch, enjoying the attention he was given. His tail wags left and right, which surprised Leon even more.

“Now now, don’t steal Charizard away from me.” He jokingly says. Lynelle thought this was a good moment for some slight teasing

“Hmmm? but it seems like Charizard wants to be with me, Leon~.” Lynelle said in a sing-song tone, making Leon pout. Even hi Charizard joined in on Lynelle’s teasing by rubbing his head against Lynelle’s cheeks in an affectionate manner.

Leon sighed in defeat. It was fun to see Lynelle being playful, but it became a little much when his bestfriend joined in on the ravenette’s teasing. It was a sight he never thought he’d see, and it’s definitely something he’d never forget even if he tried.