Ch. 8 pt. 1

As the dawn rises into the horizon, so do the people and the Pokémon after a night-long rest. For anyone, it was just like any typical morning. But for a certain Growlithe... it was quite different.

Its eyes were wide open, void of any sleep. It licked its old scars and then observed the rising sun across the lake. It lays its head on the soft grass, trying to get some sleep but to no avail, something was bothering it.

Its paws reached the tuff of fur on its head, reenacting the touch of the female human that helped it. But alas, the touch didn't feel familiar, only the action.

That's what kept the fire-type up all night. The female human kept flooding in its head. It remembered how she was willing to help an old Growlithe like itself, how the Pokémon with her seem to like her, and how her touch made it feel... safe.

It wanted to repay her kindness and it missed the feeling of being protected. It missed the feeling to protect others. It missed his old companions, and those who once followed it.

It missed the feeling of being safe.

...And so...

It stood up, eyes filled with determination as it embarks on a journey to find that female trainer.

~~~~

"Sonia? Are you sure I'm doing it right?"

"Yup, yup! Just stay right there and stay still!"

"This feels... so wrong."

"Don't worry about it! I mean, what could possibly make you nervous?"

"The fact that I am covered in berry mix, waiting for something to come out of that large bush IS what's making me nervous!"

Sonia almost slipped her laughter at the sight of her ravenette friend's nervous shaking. She took multiple pictures of her sitting on a clearing with her clothes and hair covered in berry mix. She had to thank her little Yamper for accidentally knocking the bowl of berry mix onto the Lynelle.

"Pfft-! You're doing great, Lyn'!" Sonia stifled a laugh.

Lynelle didn't even need to guess that Sonia was enjoying this. Her eye twitched not only from the peachette's struggle to contain her laughter, but also from the incredibly potent smell of the berry mix that was staining her clothes.

'If Nessa was here, I'd force her to help me.' Lynelle sighed, wanting to make her Dreadnaw douse her in water.

Nessa had to leave early in the morning due to a sudden call from her gym. Even though they just met, Lynelle happen to like Nessa after their greeting and after she explained how she met the her to Sonia. Lynelle was shocked at how different she was than the time she battled her. The young model was funny, charismatic, relatable, and surprisingly fun to talk to. Lynelle couldn't meet the other person Sonia invited because they had something come up last minute. Nevertheless, she was happy to make another friend.

'Actually... Nessa would probably burst out laughing than help me.' She deadpan at herself when she remembered how close Sonia and Nessa were.

*SWHSHHIWSHWISH...*

Lynelle became stiff as a board at the sound of the large rustling bush in front of her. She started to shake in nervousness when the bush started to shake violently. Then it shook even more violently, making Lynelle even more nervous to what was behind the bush.

Then the shaking stopped... and out comes...!

*SHWISH!*

"Burahh?"