Ch. 15

“Roll call!”

“Lucario?”

“Ra!”

“Kirlia?”

“Kiya!”

“Growlithe?”

“Bwark!”

“And Duraludon?”

“Duraa!”

“Good! Seems like all of you got a good night’s sleep.” Lynelle chuckles at the amount of energy her Pokémon exerted. All of them were bouncing up and down, excitement in their veins. She can’t help but feel the same way. Even after the weird dream she had last night. But she didn’t want that to ruin her experience so she decided to push it aside for now.

The uniform she was given fit her perfectly. But the mini shorts showing most of her legs made her slightly uncomfortable, so she decided to put on some black tights to cover her legs.

She took a good look on herself and she had to admit, she looked quite nice. Seeing her chosen number on the back of her uniform gave her confidence and determination for the one event that she was looking forward to. She wore her large cream-colored trench coat to cover her uniform, some shades and face mask to cover her face, and made her hair into a simple braid. Another different disguise.

“Alright… I’m ready. Return to your balls, everyone.” Lynelle voiced her command, to which her Pokémon complied with no hesitation. She shrunk the balls and exited her room. With all the extra actions she did, the overflowing nervousness and anxiety was crawling on her back, dragging her down. Her thoughts all scrambled on her head.

Exiting the building, she approached the stadium next door. The tall man with a Pokéball head welcomed her and even gave her a Dive ball, which she gladly accepted.

Taking a deep breath, she entered the stadium…and then gulped at the overwhelming aura in the lobby.

Every contestant were talking to eachother, smiles in their faces as the spoke to one another. But Lynelle sensed their nervousness seeping out of their voices, their faces slowly revealing their true feelings about the upcoming opening ceremony: incredibly anxious and nervous. Talking to one another seemed to have helped them distract themselves…

…and Lynelle was stiff as a board due to the intense nervousness. She wanted someone to talk to her, to get her out of the fear.

“Miss Lyn’!”

The ravenette’s nerves quickly relaxed when she heard the voice of Hop behind her. Following behind the young boy was his two best friends, Victor and Gloria.

“Hey there!” Lynelle smiled as the three approached. “You ready, Miss Lyn’?” Gloria pumped her fist towards the ravenette, urging her to do a fist bump, which she happily obliged.

“Of course. I’m excited for this!” Lynelle showed them a bright smile. The radiance of her excitement affected the three that they can’t help but smile brightly at her light.

“All right! Let’s go change!” Gloria urged the boys to go to the male locker rooms and dragging the ravenette to the female locker rooms. Lynelle barely kept up with the young girl’s enthusiasm as they entered their locker rooms.

~~~~

~~~

~~

~

It was time.

Time for the opening ceremony.

Every trainer stood stiff ever since the ceremony began. Chairman Rose was the guest speaker, as expected of the Chairman of the league. His message hyped up the crowd till their cheers and chants can be heard from all over the Region. Lynelle had to admit, the man was good at his role.