Ch. 16 Pt. 1

“Hello Turffield Gym.”

Lynelle admired the glowing logo of the building in front of her. She felt her team s was ready to take on battles. She herself was ready to take on the first gym in Galar and face the first Gym leader, Milo.

The League staff welcomed her into the gym and asked her to put on her uniform, which she obliged. Now, she readies herself until the stadium lights will pan down to her path. She felt her teams shaking in both excitement and nervousness inside their Pokéballs, which reminded her that she’s boing to battle a gym leader.

A blonde staff member – who calls himself “Dan”- leads a batch of competitors, including Lynelle in a different room within the stadium. As they got there, she was surprised at how and grassy the room was.

It was a large room with walls painted green as grass. The smell was earthy, the humidity of the room and also the cool temperature was a refreshing feeling for a nature-loving person such as Lynelle.

There were trimmed hedges to indicate the space as the pathway, while some were some sort of obstacles. But what stood out from the room are the Wooloos bundled up together, and the grass-type gym apprentices who are seemingly waiting to battle each competitor.

“Alright everyone!” Dan got everyone’s attention. “Welcome to the Turffield Gym!” He flashed a welcoming yet serious smile before continuing. “As you know, every Gym Challenger is tasked to complete the Gym missions before facing the Gym Leader themselves.” Dan pans around the room, almost like he’s observing every Challenger in the room.

“Seems like this is the last batch of Challengers for the first Gym… Now then… “ He started calling out the numbers of each challenger to start the gym Mission. The challenge was to lead the Wooloo back into their fence, all while straying away from Yampers and battling gym apprentices who will try to stop you.

Help from the challenger’s Pokémon team was prohibited unless a battle commences. But luckily for Lynelle, it was something she has already done multiple times so she wasn’t as worried as the other challengers.

As such, the Gym mission wasn’t much a challenge. When it was her turn, she quickly make quick work on leading the Wooloos to the fence. She had Growlithe battle the Gym apprentices to gain some battle experience, but she didn’t expect all of them to be easy for her Growlithe alone.

She completed the Gym Mission quickly. Dan praised her and was impressed that she was able to complete it so soon. He leads her to the locker room to let her prepare for the battle.

As much as she doesn’t like to admit it, she doesn’t feel nervous to battle the first Gym Leader. Because of her experience traveling to other regions and meeting other Gym Leaders, she already knew that the first gyms are the easiest to make it easier for new trainers to complete.

With that in her mind, she decided it would be best to save both Lucario and Duraludon until the 4th to 8th Gyms so that her Growlithe and Kirlia can gain more battling experience.

The locker room door opened and Dan panned around the room before stopping at Lynelle. “You’re up, Challenger 215.” He wished her goodluck before closing the door.

Hearing her chosen number “215”, February 15. The day she started her first ever Pokémon journey along with her Riolu, now Lucario. Just the memories brings her joy and nostalgia,

just the push she needs to battle Galar’s Grass-type Gym Leader.

..

.

The lights pan down in front of Lynelle, the cue has been given to her. With a deep breath in, she walked into the stadium…