Ch. 4. pt.2

"Excuse me, miss?"

Lynelle jumped in surprise at the sudden voice. She turned around to see an old woman holding a basket of groceries. She was like any typical old woman: White hair, prominent wrinkles and slumping back. She was wearing a white woolen sweater with a brown crocheted shawl draped over her shoulders, she wore a long, checkered skirt and was wearing black, flat sandals.

"Are you looking for someone?" The old woman asked. "Oh! Uhh... Do you know the current owner of this house." Lynelle asks. "Well, that would be me, dear. Did you need something from me?" The old woman smiled.

Lynelle couldn't help but return a smile. She can already feel how nice the old lady was. That made her feel comfortable enough to talk without being nervous. " I was uhh... wondering if there was a previous owner of this house?" Lynelle rubbed her neck sheepishly.

"Yes, my good friends Marybelle and Leonard Celestine." The old woman answered. The ravenette was surprised to know that the old lady actually knew her parents. It wasn't often she would see old friends of her folks because most of them are from abroad.

"You knew my parents?" Lynelle asks with slight pain in her eyes. The old lady looked confused at first before finally registering what the ravenette just said. "Parents? Oh...! You must be their daughter, uhmm... Nelly Celestine, was it?" Lynelle laughed at the old woman's sudden excitement and from her attempt on getting her name correctly. "It's Lynelle, ma'am." She politely corrected her.

"Oh! Pardon me. You can call me Laura, dear. Ehm-please, come inside! " Ms. Laura opened the gate and gestured Lynelle to follow but Lynelle felt like she was intruding. "Oh no, I don't mean to intrude..."

"Please, I insist." Ms. Laura looked at her expectantly. The ravenette smiled and then felt her Pokémon tugging her arm with an unsure look. "It's okay, Lu. We'll be fine." Lynelle petted the fighting-type to reassure him.

She understood her partner Pokémon's uneasiness. She, of course, also felt slightly uneasy to enter her old home that is currently owned by a stranger. Even if she's a nice old woman, she had her guard up. With a deep breath in, Lynelle entered the house while mentally noting to keep her guard up at max.

~~~~

"Please, take a seat and have some biscuits." Ms. Laura says as she placed her basket of goods on the table. Lynelle felt a huge wave of nostalgia hit her as she walked in the house. The corridors looked the same as it was back then, the kitchen cabinets were newly painted but still looks the same, Lynelle felt like she was at home.

Same as the garden outside, the place was filled with colorful and vibrant flowers. She felt thankful that Ms. Laura took the time to take care and beautify the house.

"I'd never thought I'd be meeting their precious daughter again." Ms. Laura said excitedly as she pours tea. Lynelle shook her head in disbelief by the new piece of information. "We've met before?" She asks. "Oh, yes! You were just a little baby back then and your brother was still five. Speaking of which, how is your brother? Is he doing well?" The old woman cheerily asks.

"Oh, he's doing fine, happily married even. He's also the founder of the Pokélife sanctuary, where we help Pokémon in dire need." Lynelle says proudly of her brother's achievement as she sat down, Lucario sat next to her and ate a biscuit.

"Ah, yes. I remember now. Even when they're gone, I'm sure parents are very proud of everything you both have achieved." Ms. Laura smiled but Lynelle could tell that she was hurt by their passing, and it was the same for her.

"Yeah, I miss them too." Lynelle slumped her shoulders, frustrated and brokenhearted to remind herself that she will never see them again. Her eyes then landed on the paw of her Lucario on her shoulder. She looked at him holding a biscuit for her to take. She saw the concern written all over the Pokémon's face and simply smiled and accepted the biscuit from the fighting-type.