Ch. 8 pt. 2

The air around West Lake Axewell was thick. The blue sky above was covered by dark and sinister clouds. Lynelle couldn't believe that something that she thought was an amazing gimmick...

... would also be something so terrifying.

"H-How could a wild Pancham Dynamax here!?" Nessa cried out, her eyes glued towards the  Pancham wailing in panic and fear. "Never seen it happen before. I didn't even think that it's possible! We have to get away from here!" Sonia cried out.

"We can't! otherwise it'll destroy the campsite and everything surrounding it." Nessa kept her eyes glued to the distressed Pancham, a plan forming in her mind. "Besides, those two won't idle around when something like this happens. I don't know where they are now, but we have to stall this big guy 'till they get here." Nessa flashed dangerously determined smile.

"Who knows? Maybe we'll be the ones to stop this."

Sonia looks at Nessa with an unsure look. She knew Nessa would be quick and willing to stop a trouble when she spots one. She admires the young model for that. Sonia has faith in Nessa's skills as a trainer, but she wasn't too sure about her own skills as a trainer. She left that path a long time ago and she only has Yamper on her side.

She doesn't know if she could be of help.

Then she remembered that Lynelle never seen a Pokémon Dynamax up-close. She can imagine what sort of expression her friend would have after seeing something so large. Sonia turned around, expecting Lynelle to have her mouth gaping form the sheer amazement of Dynamaxing...

...but instead... it was the look of fear.

"L-Lyn'!?" Sonia panicked, earning the attention of Nessa beside her. Nessa saw her new friend's face, the ravenette's dark-blue eyes widen at the sight of the Dynamaxed Pancham. "Lynelle! I know this isn't the best way to introduce you to Dynamax but... Huh?" Nessa stops as she observed Lynelle's eyes little closer. Sonia noticed the model's quietness, she followed her gaze onto Lynelle's eyes. Her eyes widened when she noticed that Lynelle's eyes...

...Were blank.

"Lynelle? Hey, Lynelle!"

Nessa called her name but the ravenette didn't respond.

"Lyn'!?"

Sonia did the same but no response.

"What's wrong with her?"

They tried to figure out what was making Lynelle unresponsive despite her standing on her two feet.

But for her... she was seeing something else.

'What...?'

Her breathing became heavy as well as the feeling of fear rising. Multiple images started flashing in her mind and she doesn't know why, it was like her mind was glitching. She couldn't make out what the images were. All she could make out was that it was dark... suffocating... horrifying.

She saw red and destruction everywhere... and right in front of her ...

...was a middle-aged man covered in golden armor and wielding a sword and shield.

When she finally got the complete picture, what felt like a memory played like a movie scene.

--

The man stood upon a rock, sword and shield in hand.

The color red was everywhere and cracks replaced the once soft ground

The sky was in a sinister purple, and the clouds were red as blood