Rusty Antique

The pleasant light of the morning sun greets her face as she jogs on the streets of Hammerlocke. After her sullen mood last night, she needed a change of pace and a break from the serious stuff. Jogging was part of her morning routine and managed to help her distract herself from the thought of her past nightmares and the situation she was in. A clear mind was what she needed in the morning.

But of course, it wasn’t long. She knew she needed to make haste on her investigation regarding her nightmares. But so far, she didn’t have any other leads other than the geoglyph, which was said to be a depiction of the past where Dynamaxed Pokémon were a threat. The  ravenette lets out a defeated sigh as she stops for a water break. She orders her Rotom phone to show the picture of the geoglyph.

Looking at the picture, there was nothing special to note other than the geoglyph. But when she zoomed in, she then she saw something off.

There was a spot just below the clouds where it had a brown patch. It was out of place yet not at the same time. It could’ve been a design choice but Turffield was known for its fertile land and green fields. So the brown patch was… unusual…

Maybe there was a reason for it, her head did hurt when she saw the geoglyph. Maybe it has some connection with her nightmares. Regardless, She needed to know what was under that out-of-place dirt patch.

But there was a problem with that idea, it was a tourist spot, she couldn’t just waltz in and dig the patch. So she made up her mind to do something she has never done before; Sneaking in and dig up the patch at midnight.

In other words, Vandalism and attempted destruction of a historical landmark.

Lynelle contemplates on whether to actually do it or not. No matter how she thinks about it, A foreigner sneaking in to dig uo a patch of land in one of the region’s tourist spots wasn’t the image she wantted herself to be in. Her heart and morals disagree with the plan but her gut feeling argued that there was a potential clue under that patch of dirt.

The ravenette lets out a sigh… this was a complicated decision to make.

~~~~

~~~

~~

~

It was cold.

The night breeze flows within open land of Turffield. Everyone was asleep except for the moon high above the skies, illuminating the land with its cool light. No one would suspect a thing when a hooded figure in a dark-blueish green outfit sneaks onto the historical landscape known as the Geoglyph in Turffield.

“I can’t believe I’m doing this.” Lynelle had to force herself to continue on with her plan. She had a feeling she’d get a nightmare if she didn’t do this. Adjusting her mast to cover her face, she began her stealth mission.

Her experience as a Ranger really made sneaking in easy. Her light footing allowed her to sneak past the guards, she surveyed the surroundings to go to the spots not as heavily guarded, and in a spot where they wait, Lucario used his aura and confirmed that there was indeed something hidden under that patch of dirt.

“I knew it… it must be that Shield-shaped medallion.” Lynelle mumbled as they wait for the right time to begin their plan.

As midnight hits, she strikes and approached the dirt patch of the geoglyph. “Growlithe, you’re up.” Lynelle calls out Growlithe. His Pokéball opened and out comes the fire canine wearing a dark-blueish green cloak.

“Use Dig.” Growlithe let out a grunt before digging the dirt patch as silently as possible. And without a doubt, the shield-shaped medallion was there, rust and dirt all over.