Ch. 5

"This is it... right?"

Lynelle and Lucario stared at the path in front of them. It was foggy and filled with darkness. It was giving them the creeps the longer they stared at it. 'I can see why it's called, "Glimwood Tangle"." Lynelle felt a shiver down her spine. She questioned if it was the right spot Sonia told her.

The said woman had took it upon herself to be Lynelle's tour guide. She told her to meet her at near the Stow-on-Side gym. She also told her that there was a small town within the forest and that there was a café there that was quite popular among the people in Galar.

Lynelle has been waiting for the young peachette to arrive. It was past the time where the peachette said to meet up, Lynelle thought she had something needed to be done last minute so she waited, and it has given her time to register what happened yesterday.

"I never thought that I got to meet the Champion of Galar... I feel so embarrassed that I acted so casually around him." Her hands covered her now-flushed face. She was just glad that the said Champion didn't mind her casual manner and even asked for a battle with her.

The memory was too embarrassing for her so she decided to drop it and focused on waiting for the peachette.

"Hmmm... she should be here by now... or did I mess up?" Lynelle scratched her head in confusion and pulled out her phone to check the map just to be sure. She found their location and confirmed that they were on the right place. "Maybe something happened to her?" She questions herself and then felt her Lucario nudging her to look at something.

"Sorry I'm late!"

Lynelle saw the familiar peachette running towards her. "And here I was, thinking you'd forgot." Lynelle smirked at Sonia who just laughed, knowing that the ravenette was referencing her. "Yeah, yeah. Got held up from something. But everything's fine now, so let's go!" Sonia laughs and started walking towards the dark pathway before Lynelle stopped her.

"Are we actually going through there?" The ravenette asked worriedly. "Oh, don't worry. The path is safe for anyone going to Ballonlea." The teal-eyed woman reassured her.

The word 'Ballonlea' felt familiar to Lynelle. She wanted to know more but Lynelle wasn't convinced that the path was safe. "Oh, come on. You'll love it the moment you step in." Sonia chirped and started pulling Lynelle with her on the pathway. 

"Noooo!" The ravenette playfully whined. She wasn't going to let Sonia drag her into the forest. She tried prying herself away from the peachette but she had a hard grip on her.

Seeing how the peachette wasn't going to let go, Lynelle sighed in defeat and stopped resisting. Sonia noticed and let go of her. "*sigh* Alright, fine... I'll trust you on this." Sonia became happy from the ravenette's change of heart.

"Raa..."

Lynelle looked at her Lucario placing a paw on his chest as if saying "don't worry, I've got your back." Lynelle felt a little better from what's going to happen in mere moments. 'You've faced far more crazy stuff than this, Lynelle. Suck it up. Sonia knows what she's doing, and Lucario's with us. I have nothing to worry about.' She took a deep breath in before walking besides Sonia and Lucario into the dark pathway.

~~~~

"...Sonia? Can I open my eyes now?"

"Just walk a liiittle bit more... and... okay, open your eyes."

Lynelle opened her eyes and she was truly at a loss of words. She couldn't verbally describe how beautiful the scenery in front of her was. The forest was dark but bright at the same time. Bio-luminescent mushrooms ranging from the size of a normal-sized mushroom to the same size of a dinner table or even bigger than the average adult. Lynelle felt like she was in a magical fantasy world like those described in fantasy novels.