Ch. 12

Lynelle couldn’t go back to sleep. Her mind kept recalling the weird dream she had earlier. For once in her life, attempting to sleep was not helping her.

So, she decided to go for an early morning run along with her Lucario, one of the things she does to calm down and clear her mind.

But even that didn’t help her.

When they returned, Lynelle went straight to her bathroom and splashed some cold water on her face. She released a defeated sigh and looked at the bathroom mirror, she noted the slight bags under her eyes and sighed heavily. “Arceus above, I look horrible.” Lynelle begrudgingly admitted and wiped her face dry.

Despite being awake, Lynelle was still feeling her tiredness from last night. Even though she has done some all-nighters due to her job, she recalled clearly that none of those times were as tiresome as she’s feeling now.

She sighed heavily. As she entered her bedroom, her phone began ringing. She looked over and saw that it was Sonia calling her. Lynelle immediately answered the call, glad to have someone she could talk to.

“Hello?”

“Morning, Sleepyhead! How’s your first night in your new flat? Oh yeah, I accidentally made a lot of pancakes so I thought to call you if you’d be interested.” Lynelle heard the peachette’s cheery voice through the phone. She smiled hearing how energetic and cheery Sonia was, just something she needed in her rough morning.

“It’s pretty okay. Pancakes sounds good, I’ll be there and… I have something that you may want to know.”

“Another nightmare?”

“...Kinda? I don't think it was some sort of nightmare... but it was a weird dream."

“Really...? Okay, come here and let me hear it.”

“Okay. Thank you.”

Lynelle ended the call and gestured her Pokémon to get ready. As they did as told, Lynelle stared blankly at the window, remembering the fear and confusion she had when she saw the two lights that appeared earlier. So many questions began spiraling in her head. what where those lights? what do they mean? Why did they appear outside her window?

and what did they want from her?

Lynelle sighed and stood up to get ready. she didn't want to waste anymore time moping around when she had to go Wedgehurst. She hopes that when she tells Sonia her dream, the peachette will ave something to say.

~~~~

~~~

~~

~

As the two women ate their fluffy pancakes and drinking their hot coffee, Lynelle told Sonia her dream with as much detail she could remember.

“Two lights guided you to a shrine with two rusted things? What were those things?”

“I… can’t remember… I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay. Then you saw the same lights outside your window the second you woke up?”

“Y-yes…”

“Hmm… fog… tall, overgrown trees that blocks the light from the sun…. There’s only one forest that is simillar to what you described and that’s…

…The Slumbering Weald.”

Lynelle stiffened at the mention of the Slumbering Weald. She had thought that the said forest was the place where she was at in her dream, but then she realized that she has been to some foggy forests in her travels before so she labeled it unlikely.