Ch. 11

The waters were as crystal clear as the day she left. The flowing breeze was cold but the warm light emitting from the setting sun warmed the land of where she was born.

Lynelle could barely hold herself together…

She finally returned to Galar, excited and eager to meet her new friends again.

And to tell them the good news.

“Lu! Let’s go!” She walks fast with her Lucario following behind her. A wide grin on her face and her eyes swirling with desire to battle the man who fired her passion again, the man who she respects highly, the man who made her laugh and smile, The undefeated Champion of galar,

Leon.

“Just a moment, Madam!”

Just as Lynelle was about to exit the Arrivals Station, two blonde men in suits approached her. One in a red suit with a shield-like hairstyle and one in a blue suit with a sword-like hairstyle. Not even a foot away from them, Lynelle could already feel something was off between the two men. Their weird choice of hairstyle was a dead giveaway of the unsettling feeling.

“Good day, Madam. Today is a fine day, perfect for relaxation and reading such entertaining novels, wouldn't you agree?” The man in the red suit spoke softly and gently grabs her hand to kiss. Lynelle had to strain herself to not show how uncomfortable she was, to not show any disrespect.“Uhm… I guess so.” she forced a reply. The two men didn't notice how uncomfortable she was. They gave a charming smile to which the ravenette just smiled back so to not be labled as someone rude.

Then the man in the blue suit gave her a book. Lynelle wasn’t sure at first but she decided to accept the book. “What’s this?” She asked.

“Every tourist needs to see the greatness of this wonderful region. So why not learn its rich and beautiful history?” The man in the blue suit mused.

‘He has a good point but I don’t trust their judgement.’ Lynelle thought.

“Oh, So both of you are Historians?”

Both men went silent and then they laughed. “Ohohoho! a commoner’s occupation has no honesty expressed in writing when it comes to history. In fact, there is only one strong reason that we are qualified to write such elegant piece of history..."

“We…”

“are…”

“Descendants of Galar’s heroes! The first Kings who founded and ruled Galar all those years ago!”

Lynelle just stood there, baffled at how loud and proud they were. She couldn’t react in a way that seem like she’s bothered by the two men even though she is.

But for some reason… them proudly announcing that they are descendants of Galar’s heroes, made her feel slightly ticked off.

“That’s… nice to know, but I haven’t really touched the history of Galar so this is the first time I’ve heard that this Regions was once ruled by Kings” Lynelle strained a smile as she lied.

Instead of feeling disappointed, they looked smug and even more confident. “Hmph. All the more reason to read our elegent book with elegant and eloquent writing. Every paragraph, every sentence, and every illustration speaks the real truth of Galar’s History. What say you, Madam?” They look at her, expecting her to say what they wanted to hear, but the ravenette didn’t want to.

‘The feeling they give off is so… suspicious and arrogant. It’s annoying.’ She thought while looking at them with a bored look. “Oh… I see… I guess I’ll read your book when I have the time.” She nonchalantly says, to which the two men didn’t catch on.