Ch. 7. pt. 1

Lynelle has been wanting to go camping in the wild area ever since she read about it. Not a while ago, she even bought camping gear for herself, even her own tent. So, when Sonia invited her, the ravenette was brimming with excitement. Like a kid getting candy as a reward.

It has been a while since the last time she went out camping, sleeping in the woods, roasting sweet marshmallows on the open fire, and having fun with her Pokémon. She cherished the memories she and her Pokémon made.

She remembered her first time camping out in the woods as a young child in her first journey back on Hoenn. She remembered clearly that she almost burned Lucario's tail when he was still a Riolu, it was also her first time making fire from scratch.

'Ahh, Memories...' She laughed.

Since Lynelle only have two days left until she goes back to Hoenn, she decided to spend her last two days in the wild area. Bringing along half of her stuff while the other half being in Sonia's house. Sonia also told her that she invited two of her friends who would like to meet her. It made Lynelle nervous yet excited to meet them.

Right after Sonia finished organizing her things, she looked around to see if there's any more work needed to be done. Seeing that everything was organized and prepared, she breathes out happily. But for some reason, she has this gut feeling that she might have forgotten something.

"Bowark!"

Sonia looked down to see her little Yamper looking at her with his happy and sparkling puppy eyes. She laughed and picked up her small companion. "Aww... I know, I know. We can play later, okay?" She smiled widely at her puppy Pokémon. Yamper barked happily, excited for playtime. Then his stomach growled, which caught everyone's attention.

"Oh! You're hungry I see. Hold on lil' guy..." Sonia went inside her tent and in an instant, a blast of loud scratches and harsh clanking of metal enveloped the camp. The sudden sounds made Lynelle drop a large stone when she was making the campfire, she got lucky it didn't hit her foot.

'What on earth did she bring?' Lynelle gulped down nervously.

"This is bad!" Sonia cried out just as she got out of her tent. "W-what's wrong?" Lynelle stuttered, rubbing her ears from the sudden outburst. "I totally forgot about Pokémon food! AHHH!" The peachette exclaimed, worry and panic plastered all over her face.

"I knew I forgot something the second I gave you the shopping list! How could I forget to write down "Pokémon food". Ugh! I shouldn't have binge reading history books this week and..."

Sonia went on ranting on how she shouldn't be neglectful as a trainer and blaming herself for making such a simple mistake. Lynelle didn't know why her friend was panicking for such a small, fixable problem and she definitely didn't like how she was blaming herself for it.

"Hey, Sonia calm down! it's not the end of the world." Lynelle shook Sonia's shoulders to grab her attention. "Don't worry, I'll go buy some." Lynelle gave her a reassuring smile but Sonia wasn't feeling better.

'I'm the one who organized this. I can't have her be the one responsible for any unforeseen problems.' Sonia thought feeling guilty.

"But you've done so much Lyn', I-"

"I highly doubt that and I don't mind it, really. Besides, I could take the chance to explore a bit of the wild area on my way to Motostoke." She hummed. "Lu, can you come with me?" Lynelle looked at her fighting-type partner who nodded in response, Kirlia happened to be on his shoulders. Even without asking, Lynelle already know Kirlia would gladly go with her.