Chapter 15: Training Hell

With my last bit of energy, I shoved a group of three large trees to the side, revealing a clearing with a large residence in the distance. My classmates and I slowly trudged along the path I had created until we reached Mr. Aizawa, who was waiting for us along with Pixie Bob and Mandalay.

We all looked and felt horrible. It had taken us almost eight hours to get through the forest. We were covered in dirt and many of my classmates had ruined their uniforms. Ochako looked like she was gonna puke, Kaminari had overused his quirk long ago and had entered his dumb-mode, Bakugo was rubbing his wrists in pain, and I could tell that I wasn't the only one who felt like passing out from quirk overuse.

Pixie Bob made a few comments about how she thought it would take us longer and how she was impressed with how well we handled her beasts, but I was only half paying attention. I was so tired from using my quirk. I had moved whole sections of the forest to make it easier for my classmates to move and fight while also taking down my fair share with roots and branches.

A few of the boys were whining about how hungry they were. I was surprisingly okay, my body had sort of adapted to missing the occasional lunch. I wouldn't turn down a meal but what my body really wanted was rest.

I was standing on the opposite side of the clearing but I glanced over in time to see a little kid punch Midoriya...in the balls. Chaos ensued as Midoriya fell to his knees. But it seemed like Mr. Aizawa was already over it all.

"Enough of this sideshow. Go get your luggage from the bus. Drop your things off in your rooms, then come to dinner in the mess hall. After that, you'll bathe. Then it's bedtime. The real training starts tomorrow. Now hurry up."

We trudged over to the bus and I gathered my bags. Dragging them behind me, I walked with the other girls to our room. It was a large open space with futon mattresses spread on the floor. We each dumped our luggage onto a bed and shuffled back out to the main room where the smell of something delicious made my stomach grumble. Food was placed out on several tables and a few of the boys had already started to dig into it. Not willing to give up my food, I sat down in the closest seat I could find and began plating up generous helpings of rice, meat, fish, and vegetables. The food was really good and my classmates were singing its praises while shoveling it down as fast as they could. I probably would have laughed if I wasn't doing the exact same thing.

After we'd eaten, we all received a lovely surprise. This retreat didn't just have standard baths but also outdoor hot springs and tonight we got to partake in that luxury.

After depositing my clothes in the changing room, I quickly showered, cleaning the dirt and sweat away. I tied my wet hair into a bun on the top of my head before carefully submerging myself in the scalding water. It was heavenly and I moved myself to the corner and leaned my head back against the cool stone, closing my eyes in relaxation.

***

The purple-haired girl sighed as she sat with her friends relaxing in the hot springs. The day had been long and tiring but she knew she had gotten off easy, mostly using her quirk to scout and, thus, not feeling the effects of overuse like most of her classmates. Still, they'd been trekking through the woods for eight hours...anyone would be tired after that. Although, Mina still appeared to have enough energy to squeal about how amazing the hot springs were.

One of the downsides of Kyoka's quirk was the inability to turn it off, even if she wanted to. It led to her hearing many things not meant for her ears. From a young age, she had mastered her poker face, helping her to keep a great many secrets. And even though she'd only been in class 1-A for a semester, she already had quite a bit of dirt on her classmates, not that she would ever share any of what she'd learned.