Chapter 56: Identity Crisis

Arriving back at the dorms, I felt like a physical weight was lifted off me. I felt my shoulders relax, my jaw naturally unclenching, as I walked into the common room filled with most of my classmates. It was no secret that I usually preferred the quiet, but there was something about this chaos I found comforting. This loud, boisterous atmosphere sounded like home. And when a pair of arms wrapped around my waist, pulling me backward into a warm chest, I closed my eyes and smiled. Now it really felt like home.

Sho pulled me to a quieter corner of the room so we could sit and talk about our time away. He smiled softly as he talked about bonding more with Natsu and visiting his mother. I also shared how it was nice getting to spend some time with Kaede. Even when we were done talking, he kept me in his arms, snuggling into my chest, as we quietly watched the antics of our classmates.

It took a couple more hours for everyone to arrive and when we all did, Iida and Momo summoned everyone to the common room for a quick meeting. Sho and I moved to one of the couches in the middle of the room, but he immediately pulled me down to resume our previous position. Several minutes passed, before everyone quieted down enough to focus on Iida's serious face.

"Everyone! I'm glad to see we have all arrived back safely. Mr. Aizawa has given us information to pass along to you all. You'll have the next two days to make sure everything is in order for your work studies. Make sure to grab your hero costumes and any extra supplies you'll need for the week."

"Mr. Aizawa wanted us to stress that even if some of you are remaining in the area, it's still unlikely that you'll be able to drop by if you've forgotten something. So please make sure to triple check your bags before leaving," Momo reminded with a kind smile.

I heard Shoto grumble into my shoulder as he hugged me tighter. "What's wrong, Sho?" I whispered, while half-listening to Iida list off items we shouldn't forget to pack.

"I'm going to be away from you for a whole week. That's bad enough, but I'll have to spend that week with Endeavor."

"You wanted to learn from him, Sho. You're getting the opportunity to study the number one hero up close. You'd be foolish to pass that up simply because you didn't like the guy."

"I know, I just wish you could be there with me," he said before pressing a kiss to my cheek. He sat up straighter and pulled me into his chest, snuggling me into him, before resting his chin on top of my head and sighing.

My ear pressed to his chest, I listened contentedly to the steady beat of his heart, a smile on my face. "I wish we could always be together too," I whispered. "But I'm sure the week will fly by. We'll be back here together before you know it."

A backpack slung over my shoulder, a small wheeled duffel dragging behind me, and my metal costume case in hand, I led four similarly loaded down students into Edgeshot's agency. Mt. Lady met us at the door.

"Hello little first years. It's good to see you." She looked us up and down, a bit of a smirk on her face.  "Look lively kids, you're in for a treat this week. Let's get you unpacked and settled in."

We trudged along behind her into the building and she directed us to the locker rooms first, telling us to leave our costume cases there. She then led us down a hallway toward the back of the building, giving the others a bit of a tour on the way.

"These are the agency's training rooms. There's workout equipment, a sparring room, and a room that's resistant to almost all damage that can be done by quirks." She sent a wink in Kaminari's direction. "That'll be a great place for you, little sparky." 

We progressed down the hall, trying to keep our laughter at Kaminari's expense quiet, while Mt. Lady continued, "these are our on-call rooms. When any of the heroes working here need a place to rest, these are the rooms we use. It's where you'll be staying for the next week. They don't have much more than a bed, dresser, and toilet, but you shouldn't need more than that."